"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My father started a sharpening business in 1981 (carbide circular saws, steel blades, router bits, etc) He hired a good friend of his. When times were slow his buddy decided to make this.
It's an old corded drill that he played with, it was made as a joke. When I was a kid being in the shop people always asked about it.
He moved his business in 1996, I have taken over after he retired. Found this again and put it on the wall. Not a day goes by that I don't get questions about it.
The fellow (Dennis) that made it during slow times passed about 10 years ago.
I think I have a few more saws I could post that are up in the rafters.

My father started a sharpening business in 1981 (carbide circular saws, steel blades, router bits, etc) He hired a good friend of his. When times were slow his buddy decided to make this.
It's an old corded drill that he played with, it was made as a joke. When I was a kid being in the shop people always asked about it.
He moved his business in 1996, I have taken over after he retired. Found this again and put it on the wall. Not a day goes by that I don't get questions about it.
The fellow (Dennis) that made it during slow times passed about 10 years ago.
I think I have a few more saws I could post that are up in the rafters.

Definitely a cool :cool: conversation piece.

DSCN2300.jpg

Just picked up this MS460 with 28" bar/chain for $220. Not very clean on the outside, but the piston is minty fresh.
Guy's ad said it was a 440, but when I got there I had a pleasant surprise :)
Actually I'm not sure if I'd rather it were a 440 :crazy:

Haven't got any saws in a while. My cousin gave me two, a Homelite C5 and a Homelite 330 he got at an auction for $1. I did buy a bunch of stuff to turn my milling addiction into some thing useful. First I got this Jet 16-32 sander for $800. It will sand up to 32 inches wide.

Then I got a Ridgid 13" planer, a Delta 6" Jointer, A craftsman 12 Band saw, a small belt and disc sander and a little 3 legged bench all for $700

Oh, and I think what may be the best deal of all, this Massey Ferguson 135 tractor for $1000. It runs great, I ordered a new water pump, it was leaking. The tractor actually cost me $300 out of pocket, I have to trim two big Maples in trade for the rest. I had already given my friend a price of $700 for the trees, and he said just give me $300 and call it done. I'm Happy, Joe.

rarefish383, if you're interested in knowing, you can use the prefix, usually three numbers xxx., in the Craftsman model number to find out what company actually made the band saw.

I picked these up today from a friend. After helping him out doing some odd jobs around his house he gave them to me. He knows I like to tinker with these old saws and told me he wasn't going to do anything with them anyway so it would help him to clean some clutter. 6 saws - husky 350, husky 44 rancher, Mac 3818, Homelite super 2, and 2 poulan xxv's. Non runners, so future projects.tmp_14670-07301611092131099170.jpg

Attachments

• tmp_12046-0730161109a2131099170.jpg
    tmp_12046-0730161109a2131099170.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 25
Back