"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20170103_150003.jpg 20170103_150023.jpg 20170103_150042.jpg 20170103_150129.jpg

Found this on Craigslist for $300, actually paid $400 because of the engraving, cracked top cover, bad cap and small crack. It was 2 hours away and he had a guy coming in 30 minutes. I told him I would give $450 if it was like in the pictures. It cost me because he also had a Stihl Kombie 4t 90 powerhead and pole saw, extention, blower, like new for another $400. I actually really like the Kombie system. The pole saw is a bit lightweight but man it can make a huge mess in no time or effort. I would normally not bought one but now am glad I did. My wife hates it cause I trim back or trees for FUN. And it coupled with a pistol would be a great zombie killer!

Dang it curt you dirty dog. I've been wanting one of those saws. Feel free to start the official 2017 thread I don't think it exists. That is a good start. I have been known to get carried away with a pole saw and brush cutter just because I was bored.

Unreal, you will love thAt saw! Surprisingly there were not that many made. I would have figured they would have made more 2095 than 2094's. The 2094 had no decomp valve, where as the 2095 did, and it damm well needed it. I can not imagine why they stopped biulding them. It really is a shame, as they are well balanced for a big saw,IMO. P.S you suck, amazing score.... Best one yet for 2017
By the way nice old chev, picture of that would be nice to. I restored one too. It was a 1972 long horn with a 1967 front clip

Funny you say that there were not many made because the PO said he bought it new to cut some big oaks. When he bought it he had seen it in the store for many years and the dealer was glad to sell it finally in 2006 or 2007. He said the dealer sold six of those saws total! He said it was powerhead only and had to buy the bar that was on it. It did not get much use because he was a "B" certified feller for the Forest service and always had other saws to use. Most of the rash on the saw was from transporting it. Then he had a stroke and could not use the big saw anymore. He is a super likable guy that could probably have a movie made about him with all the things he had done and the dealing with his stroke. Now the guy walks 7 miles a day for re-hab and surfs as much as he can daily! It was good to make friends with him and meet a very successful stroke survivor.

The other thing about the saw is parts are really hard to find and I have yet to find a top cover for it. I am not sure what to do with it. I was looking for a big 100cc saw and found this saw and did not know it was rather rare. I am afraid to break something on and and not find parts. I will keep looking for another big saw, so this one might be a collector. I have plenty of saws to get by but none get my attention like this one. It truly is a screamer that demands your attention!

Picked this up for $300 and 1 hour trip both ways - told it is a ms461 - can anyone verify from pics?

Current saw is an 036 so this will be a step up in power

/r

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 104
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 115
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 104
Scored a 2.1 Mac the other day for free. Me and the neighbor were talking chainsaws and he brought up how he could not get this saw to not bog while cutting wood. Said other than that, it idled fine and he was tired of trying to tune it. He said he just replaced the fuel lines. I think a little adjustment on the hi carb needle ought to do it. What do ya'll think?

Attachments

• IMG_2224.JPG
    IMG_2224.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
Back