"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20170208_190106.jpg
[/IMG] Trash picked 038AV magnum II, does this count as "you suck"? I did add the bar, tune up, but it ran!

20170208_1900551.jpg

You really suck!!!

Not me, but a close friend. He got home from one day last week to a note and a business card in is door.
He called the number, it was to a local tree service wanting to know if he wanted any wood (he has an outdoor furnace and a trailer load of wood in driveway). This company is clearing approx 50 trees along the hwy he lives on and they are going to give him as much of the wood as he wants so they dont have to haul it away. All hardwood. All for free.

Very nice. I'm big fan of 028s. And yeah the case is a keeper.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Yea I'm hoping I can get it going soon. I took it apart and cleaned it all. Only things wrong I could find was the plate under the diaphragm was totally full of saw dust....in assuming this is why it ran but not well. Also had so much grease caked on it, that you could barely see the coil. Also the early muffler design was poor....I couldn't believe that the exhaust dumped straight down on the case. Yesterday I gutted a super muffler and added a larger exhaust port. Hopefully I can get it going this week.

Dump fuel clean out carb and put in new kit, fuel line filter. If new to 028s the choke is a little flapper inside air filter. Make sure it is clean and opening and closing with spring. Easy to see when its off. When muffler off look at piston. Are you able to do a pressure and vac test?
Any questions, just ask. Harleyt is a wealth of information

Dump fuel clean out carb and put in new kit, fuel line filter. If new to 028s the choke is a little flapper inside air filter. Make sure it is clean and opening and closing with spring. Easy to see when its off. When muffler off look at piston. Are you able to do a pressure and vac test?
Any questions, just ask. Harleyt is a wealth of information

I already cleaned and re-assembled everything. Just gotta put the muffler on. No I do not have a way of doing a vac test, but it showed no signs of a leak anywhere and all the rubber boots/lines are in good condition. That was one good thing about everything being like caked and being stored in the case.

I think I can join this group with the purchase of this Stihl 026 Pro for $125 from a local pawn shop.

Have no idea why anyone would put a 24" .375" x 0.050" bar on a 50cc saw. The compression was only 130 psi, but the rest of the saw looked pretty nice. Cleaned it up today (and surprisingly clean under the covers), then pulled the muffler to see how the piston and cylinder looked. Pretty much thought that they would be heat scored from the use with the oversized bar, but they were bright and shinny.

I think I'll just order a new Meteor piston with Caber rings and find a short bar to replace the Sandvil E60 bar that it came with it. As it so happens I need a bar about that length for the 038 Magnum PHO i purchased a few weeks ago. all is good in chainsaw land.

Update:
New Meteor piston fitted with Caber rings installed. .017" of squish and 210 psi of compression. Did a modest muffler mod while waiting for a .325 7 pin rim drive to arrive. Installed the original 24" .375" bar on it to today so I could tach tune it. Max RPM was over 14k but increased the fuel setting to the point it dropped 13.5k or so. Seem reasonable, or should I give it a bit more fuel to drop the RPM to about 13k?

First post here. Found a 2005 357XP on Craigslist for $150. Included plastic case, extra chain, oil, and manuals. I think it's a peach, just giving it a clean now :cool:

View attachment 558892 View attachment 558893 View attachment 558894

Ok, You suck, by the way, where about are you located?

RANT/I missed on a deal on a 357xp that the seller lied to me and said he was holding it for me until the next day. It was listed for $150.....

I called the seller back after the ad was pulled the day and time I was supposed to meet him and he said first come first served.... I said I would have come that night but you didn't tell me that the first with the cash got it, or that you would flake on the deal after I told you to consider the saw sold and I will be there in the morning and you agreed to hold it.....

I doubt it made the guy feel bad, but I told him not every buyer on craigslist was a flake.... \RANT

Ok, You suck, by the way, where about are you located?

RANT/I missed on a deal on a 357xp that the seller lied to me and said he was holding it for me until the next day. It was listed for $150.....

I called the seller back after the ad was pulled the day and time I was supposed to meet him and he said first come first served.... I said I would have come that night but you didn't tell me that the first with the cash got it, or that you would flake on the deal after I told you to consider the saw sold and I will be there in the morning and you agreed to hold it.....

I doubt it made the guy feel bad, but I told him not every buyer on craigslist was a flake.... \RANT

Sorry to hear that. Looking at your profile we have the same local Craigslist, so that was probably this saw. Didn't mean to make enemies with my first post. I emailed the guy, didn't hear back for 2-3 days, then he emailed me saying to come with cash. I picked it up a couple hours later.

Two weeks ago there was an MS260 Pro for $125. Someone got a good deal on that one I think, didn't last more than a day or two.

Sorry to hear that. Looking at your profile we have the same local Craigslist, so that was probably this saw. Didn't mean to make enemies with my first post. I emailed the guy, didn't hear back for 2-3 days, then he emailed me saying to come with cash. I picked it up a couple hours later.

Two weeks ago there was an MS260 Pro for $125. Someone got a good deal on that one I think, didn't last more than a day or two.

No worries man!! It was the seller that did wrong, not you.

Yeah, I emailed the guy 6 times from 1hour after he posted it and twice a day after that... he finally responded.

I am in Lakewood, if you ever need anything.

I am glad you got it! Welcome to the forum and congrats on a You suck purchase!!

A friend gave me three homelites a points xl12 a electronic xl12 and a nice 330 i got them all running i have to fix the 330s oiler and a old three rivet homelite oregon bar and a Kelly's perfect axe.20170218_195106.jpg 20170218_194411.jpg

Okay so my 1st post on here 850.jpg 3 saws.jpg might as well suck. My neighbor gave me 2 mcculloch super pro 81's, a pro-matic 850, and another parts saw in a box (sp81), files, file guide, tooth gauge, roll of chain, riveting tool, 3 used 28ish inch bars, and one new windsor (sp?) canadian bar. said they all ran when he quit logging in early 80's. I started the 850 promatic today and it ran awesome until fuel line started leaking. Best of all it was all free !!!!!. Yep I suck. But the gift from him is why I came here to gain some wisdom

Okay so my 1st post on here View attachment 560213 View attachment 560215 might as well suck. My neighbor gave me 2 mcculloch super pro 81's, a pro-matic 850, and another parts saw in a box (sp81), files, file guide, tooth gauge, roll of chain, riveting tool, 3 used 28ish inch bars, and one new windsor (sp?) canadian bar. said they all ran when he quit logging in early 80's. I started the 850 promatic today and it ran awesome until fuel line started leaking. Best of all it was all free !!!!!. Yep I suck. But the gift from him is why I came here to gain some wisdom

a serious you suck - and welcome to the club!

20170218_160511_zps0rufxh4m.jpg

20170218_164916_zps9kd3zogo.jpg

Here's a NOS 346XP that I just acquired. It's been collecting dust for a few years...probably because it was a Trio Brake unit.
The price was fair but didn't come for a song like some of the bargains here.
As yet, never seen fuel, full warranty.
Oh ya, the brake has been removed. Looking forward to making some chips :)

Latest posts

Back