"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First buy that even comes close to meriting a "you suck" in far too long. Two saws (total displacement over 100 cc) for $60 is a pretty good deal in my book - less than a buck per cc.

To begin, check out this beauty. All by herself she was worth the 2 hour round trip ((&*#! rush hour traffic)
P1020425.jpg

To seal the deal, I had to accept this old thing and the 32" spare bar that came with it.
P1020429.jpg P1020430.jpg P1020431.jpg

All joking aside, they both look like they'll clean up and be runners. I may keep the Homey as a loaner as I don't currently have a saw I'd entrust to "stranger."

First buy that even comes close to meriting a "you suck" in far too long. Two saws (total displacement over 100 cc) for $60 is a pretty good deal in my book - less than a buck per cc.

To begin, check out this beauty. All by herself she was worth the 2 hour round trip ((&*#! rush hour traffic)
View attachment 563961

To seal the deal, I had to accept this old thing and the 32" spare bar that came with it.
View attachment 563962 View attachment 563963 View attachment 563964

All joking aside, they both look like they'll clean up and be runners. I may keep the Homey as a loaner as I don't currently have a saw I'd entrust to "stranger."

Holy cow you suck bad!!! 041 super is my dream saw

My friend gave me this 920 it has a new oem piston kit and 10mm total 24 inch bar with stihl rs it sat20170313_130526.jpg 20170313_130439.jpg 20170313_130422.jpg for a few year's after it was built i got it running great nice strong saw but the intake boot split its old but still a good saw.
Found a boot lol

Not typically "you suck" prices, but with the exchange rate I have seen plenty of insane prices across the border from me in Canada. Something to think about for you northerners. Average of $100-$200 cheaper than local saws depending on which saw it is. Almost grabbed an 056 Super for $75 the other day but was too slow.

It took me till today to open this thread and find out what it was all about, and I think I have something I picked up last week that fits:

Found this Jonsered 2152C and it looked like it was in good shape for the price, other than regular use dirt. I figured everyone needs a good pro-level saw in the 50CC range anyway, so I picked it up. It cuts like a light saber. It's my first Jonsered and may be my new favorite saw. Paid $110 for it. I could probably sell it for a bit more than that if I had to.
951be4fb40c0206a5d71d8331ee434f8.jpg 2084a0fdc9b79d40d2caab46136c801e.jpg

Did some trading and got a long block 361, basically free, it had been hit by a tree so needed all plastics handle bar muffler and tank. Dealer wanted $559 for parts +taxes so $600.
So ordered chinese, $38 later,,
View attachment 565161 View attachment 565162

I did an 036 same way I had sitting on the shelf missing a bunch of parts. Not practical using OEM parts. Go China! Parts seem pretty good. Still need to get a new starter handle.

036 fix up 1-20-17 (2).JPG

Haven't been around here for a little while, but figured I'd throw up my latest saw.

044 10mm saw (125xxxxxx serial #). Just picked it up this a.m., so I haven't really even gone through it yet. I didn't even have a chance to listen to it run before I bought it.

Gave it a quick once over when I got home and it looks like it's barely been used. Took about 5-6 pulls and it cracked to life, runs and idles like a champ. The old 044 10mm saws just sound so incredible. Compression test to come later along with a better look at it. But this saw will see some work this summer!

Total cost: equivalent to $180 USD

Attachments

• IMG_5233.JPG
    IMG_5233.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
Some suckage $225 From original owner, firewood only 28 B&C
Thats about $167 USD
View attachment 564679

Why did he sell it so cheap? I just sold one last week for $450 and the guy was tickled to death about it.

When I was a kid we used to go to Grand Falls, NB to do shopping. Canadian Pesos were only 50% of US greenbacks.

Haven't been around here for a little while, but figured I'd throw up my latest saw.

044 10mm saw (125xxxxxx serial #). Just picked it up this a.m., so I haven't really even gone through it yet. I didn't even have a chance to listen to it run before I bought it.

Gave it a quick once over when I got home and it looks like it's barely been used. Took about 5-6 pulls and it cracked to life, runs and idles like a champ. The old 044 10mm saws just sound so incredible. Compression test to come later along with a better look at it. But this saw will see some work this summer!

Total cost: equivalent to $180 USD
YES! A sweeeet saw at an über sucky price!

Why did he sell it so cheap? I just sold one last week for $450 and the guy was tickled to death about it.

When I was a kid we used to go to Grand Falls, NB to do shopping. Canadian Pesos were only 50% of US greenbacks.
VF, isn't everything up your way more expensive?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Don't know how much this qualifies as a "You Suck" but I traded a nice Stihl 034 that was an extra of a pair I had for this very healthy Stihl 044 today.
Also got a Jonsereds 520SP (has a 510SP top cover). This 520SP has a great looking P&C, loads of compression and spark. It just needs new fuel lines and oil pump lines as the originals went hard and cracked. Got this little saw for free.

Steve
IMG_1335.jpg
IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg
IMG_1341.jpg

Where were you in Maine? Presque Isle? My mom is from Grand Falls. Beautiful place! Used to spend 3 weeks there every summer. Haven't been back in 10 years but need to find an excuse to go back.

Back