"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2252 traded for a 038. New piston and she's a runner. Did a press and vac test. You will see the flage plate in the pics below. Let me know if u have any question. Need a bar so it can tune it in some wood IMG_2184.JPGIMG_2185.JPGIMG_2186.JPGIMG_2187.JPGIMG_2188.JPG

Lb2Go2F.jpg

361 and a 460 for 440 bucks. Not sure if it's the best deal ever, but finally got my hands on a 361.

I picked up a crushed Husky 390 that a yarder flopped over onto..for a case of beer.. Have the powerhead sold, bar was bent but had a brand new chain.. an hours work on the bar and it's perfectly straight again.

It's seen better days!
18015848_10154302996856790_1950382140_o.jpg

Free 2300 (and matching 2000 not pictured).

Three bucks worth of fuel line between the two and they both run great. Since everything went so well I popped for new $4 foam air filters for each of them rather than scrounging foam and cutting to size.

Both came with good bars and decent chains but I located new shorter bars for reasonable from a member on here.

IMG_7938.JPG

Free 2300 (and matching 2000 not pictured).

Three bucks worth of fuel line between the two and they both run great. Since everything went so well I popped for new $4 foam air filters for each of them rather than scrounging foam and cutting to size.

Both came with good bars and decent chains but I located new shorter bars for reasonable from a member on here.

View attachment 580176

I've got a parts 2300 if you need anything for it :) or you can have it too lol

I've got a parts 2300 if you need anything for it :) or you can have it too lol
Everything is (knock on wood) working on these two saws. As soon as my new air filters arrive I will take them out to the woods for a little test running. Will definitely let you know if I need anything (or the whole thing LOL).

Everything is (knock on wood) working on these two saws. As soon as my new air filters arrive I will take them out to the woods for a little test running. Will definitely let you know if I need anything (or the whole thing LOL).

Been trying to get rid of it for a while lol

PM me pics? I have two of them and wouldnt mind a parts saw. Shipping couldnt be too much eh? :surprised3:

I don't know...California shipping has been the highest I've seen yet but it isn't very heavy unlike others. It just has a burnt up top end. I'll see if I have any pictures on my phone, if not I'll try and get them for you after work

Getting this saw brought me to this site. I think it qualifies as a you suck. My wife went to a friends house to set up for a yard sale last Friday and spotted this saw. Asked them how much they wanted for it. They said to just take it. The husband had it given to him by his father but he only used it a few times. I don't think his old man had used it much more than that. I checked it out, added gas and bar oil, and it fired right up. Came with a new chain in the box too. Not sure how old it is but it looks about brand new.

Getting this saw brought me to this site. I think it qualifies as a you suck. My wife went to a friends house to set up for a yard sale last Friday and spotted this saw. Asked them how much they wanted for it. They said to just take it. The husband had it given to him by his father but he only used it a few times. I don't think his old man had used it much more than that. I checked it out, added gas and bar oil, and it fired right up. Came with a new chain in the box too. Not sure how old it is but it looks about brand new.

Yooooouuuuu suckkkkk!!!

Today's massive score. IMG_20170531_132147031.jpg

That's an MS290 and an MS361, both complete runners; and an 046 Magnum PHO, missing the recoil starter. The 046 also has a bit of cosmetic damage from when the bucket truck it was on caught fire. Total outlay of $225.

IMG_20170531_133236543.jpg

This past weekend, I was given this 084. Included were 2 spare chains, a gallon of bar oil and a litre of Stihl 2 stroke oil:

01_as_received.jpg

It is in nice shape overall, but there is a little impact damage on the plastic:

02_damaged_cover.jpg

It would only run a few seconds at a time. The dealer told the P.O. that it needed a carb, which is no longer available. Thanks to members here, I downloaded the appropriate technical information and received some diagnostic suggestions in another thread. I found the impulse line had popped off the barb fitting. I reattached the line, added some Seafoam to the tank, adjusted the mix and now it runs like a raped ape.

I did replace the tiny little scabbard with a full length one. And the seal around the gas cap was starting to crack. So I ordered them from my local Stihl dealer.

07_new_scabbard.jpg

Grand total repair bill after taxes: $10. That would be Canadian, so about US$7.50. Does that qualify for submission to this thread? :D

This Year's Winner.

Latest posts

Back