"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever noticed with advanced stage CAD you become visually sensitive to certain colors like a certain hue of orange?
I was walking through a local thrift store and my Stihl orange sensor went off. Looked at the saw and case and noticed that the saw was in nice condition for its age, but had a broken lower AV mount and was missing a spark plug(???). Missing a spark plug is not normally a good sign, but there was a local utility sticker on the handle which to means it the saw gets transported more that it is used. Drive back home to grab the compression gauge and a spark plug and drive back to the store. The compression was a strong 175 psi and the spark was good, so I put it back into running order and took it outside the see if it would start with small amount of fuel (of unknown age) in the tank. after about 10 pulls with the choke at full it popped, moved the choke lever to 1/2 and the saw came to life and ran well at WOT. Shut the saw down and paid them the $60 they were asking for it. Ordered a new lower AV mount and I've started shopping for a 3/8" pico clutch drum to replace the 1/4" unit.

upload_2017-8-20_10-1-4.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-20_10-0-44.jpeg
    upload_2017-8-20_10-0-44.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 27
Ever noticed with advanced stage CAD you become visually sensitive to certain colors like a certain hue of orange?
I was walking through a local thrift store and my Stihl orange sensor went off. Looked at the saw and case and noticed that the saw was in nice condition for its age, but had a broken lower AV mount and was missing a spark plug(???). Missing a spark plug is not normally a good sign, but there was a local utility sticker on the handle which to means it the saw gets transported more that it is used. Drive back home to grab the compression gauge and a spark plug and drive back to the store. The compression was a strong 175 psi and the spark was good, so I put it back into running order and took it outside the see if it would start with small amount of fuel (of unknown age) in the tank. after about 10 pulls with the choke at full it popped, moved the choke lever to 1/2 and the saw came to life and ran well at WOT. Shut the saw down and paid them the $60 they were asking for it. Ordered a new lower AV mount and I've started shopping for a 3/8" pico clutch drum to replace the 1/4" unit.

View attachment 597417
The Suck is awesome on this one.

Ok, since I am new here, I will add my late to the game Suck story.
One day earlier in the year my buddy called me and as we were talking, he brought up that his father in law asked him did he think I might be interested in his old truck.
He said he would sell it to me if I was. I then asked him to see if he could find out how much he wanted for it. He then tells me he knows already, $1.

How freakin awesome is that? I got a whole extended cab, 8 foot bed F150 for $1.

http://www.pavacabrava.com/detail/78845/1994-ford-f-250-information-and-photos-zombiedrive.html
1994-ford-f-250-information-and-photos-zombiedrive.jpg

Ok, since I am new here, I will add my late to the game Suck story.
One day earlier in the year my buddy called me and as we were talking, he brought up that his father in law asked him did he think I might be interested in his old truck.
He said he would sell it to me if I was. I then asked him to see if he could find out how much he wanted for it. He then tells me he knows already, $1.

How freakin awesome is that? I got a whole extended cab, 8 foot bed F150 for $1.

http://www.pavacabrava.com/detail/78845/1994-ford-f-250-information-and-photos-zombiedrive.html
1994-ford-f-250-information-and-photos-zombiedrive.jpg
I will double your money on that, right now. No, just checked my wallet, and I can do 800% your original purchase price! Take this deal now, with two teenagers in the house, it will never get any better. SWEET DEAL, and a serious you suck!

Also, somehow, Only this 2016 "SUCKS" THREAD showed up, and now I see the 2017 one where this could have gone.
Maybe since I had already been driving the truck in 2016 even before it was offered to me for a buck,it technically fit in the 2016 Sucks thread so it was inevitable it is here and not 2017.

Ah, I see. Nice to see another Ford man on the forum. I've got a 90 F250 4x4,460, with 178K on the ticker. And that's ok that you posted on this thread, as I think it gets more posts than the 2017 thread.

Mr 95, I got me a soft spot for old Fords. A couple other projects I have includes the 1st 4 wheeled vehicle I ever bought with my own money. A '77 F100 302 with C4

Needless to say, I have an uphill battle against rust and ravages of time back here in the East. Road salt, cold winters and no garage make for a short season for body work, and never having a ton of extra money to build a garage AND build cars/trucks too, has left the fixes winning the race against the fixer.

Hard to believe I started out needing to fix up my 1972 Datsun 510 way back before I could drive,,,,,,,,,, then got lucky to find my F100 which lasted me a good long time before I needed a heavier duty work horse. That is when I got the F250 way back around '94 when it was 6 years old. My now huge inventory fixers spans 5 manufacturers and a number of houses to finish remodeling on top of them to boot. BMW, Ford, GM, HoNDA and Toyota.

HA, let me take inventory and see if I can whittle down at least 3 projects before 2018.

My Optimum outcome is I need to fix my girlfriend's BMW Z3 that F'd up a water pump. Hoping it didn't warp a head and or do more expensive damage before I could get it off the road as it began to overheat.

2nd is brake lines and a Caliper and rotor replacement on my F250. And of course a new windshield.
3rd might be an easier fix, Dual Battery cables on my GMC Diesel Van as it takes 2 batteries.
4th Head Gasket and timing belt and brakes on my 1983 Honda Civic Station Wagon
5th All I need to restore on my 5.0 Mustang
6th Figure out what happened to the engine on my sister's old Toyota Corolla she had a former friend of hers half ass try to fix,,,,,,,,,,, She wound up getting it towed from where he had it and it was missing the valve cover and I am sure a few other parts I will need to take inventory of to find replacements.
7 My '86 Dually needs Tires and a new rear Slider window,
8, OMG, I forgot I also have an 89 F150 I got for free with no title but verified not stolen or anything.
9. Body work and a few under hood parts and brakes and tires on my 77 F100.

I definitely have my work cut out for me. Darnit.

Gotta start with BMW as it is the one that is for sale which can help her fund the remodeling of her house.
The '88 F250 gets brakes next then the Honda Wagon as it is my gas sipper. Having it running will allow me to sell my current commuting car, an '03 Saturn and use it's funds to pay for parts for the others.
Getting the Saturn sold and fixing the Toyota to sell it, will bring me more money to use for the Mustang, Dually, and F100 parts.

By doing it this way, I will thin my herd by 3 and free up some space in my yard to get some breathing room and helping me spruce up my keepers.

The saw on the right I got for free. My pap bought it at his father-in-laws estate sale for $180 in '82 I think. My dad had it until he was killed a few years back. It sat for probably 12 years without being ran. I had a 3' ash to cut up and I remembered the old thing. 5 pulls later we were off and running, or jogging at 4000 rpms. Long story short I have laid claim on it now. It is a KB7-b with auto oiler. The saw beside it is a KB7-ay that I kinda bought sight-unseen. It looks like it came out of the bottom of a mud puddle and I'd rather not talk about it.

0415171927_zpsoojdcswg.jpg

The saw on the right I got for free. My pap bought it at his father-in-laws estate sale for $180 in '82 I think. My dad had it until he was killed a few years back. It sat for probably 12 years without being ran. I had a 3' ash to cut up and I remembered the old thing. 5 pulls later we were off and running, or jogging at 4000 rpms. Long story short I have laid claim on it now. It is a KB7-b with auto oiler. The saw beside it is a KB7-ay that I kinda bought sight-unseen. It looks like it came out of the bottom of a mud puddle and I'd rather not talk about it.

0415171927_zpsoojdcswg.jpg
If you decide to get out from under it...i'd be interested in the bar,chain and oiler

Back