"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I'm starting late this year this post is already 4 pages long.
I put an add in the local shopper for old 1 or 2 man chainsaws and what do you know?
View attachment 480214 View attachment 480215 View attachment 480216 View attachment 480217
And he threw in a kicker to go with it.
Old Fairbanks-Morse 3000 watt generator.
View attachment 480218 View attachment 480219
Both were free and not froze up.
I did give him 40.00 to get some lunch.

Oh yes :yes:, that qualifies as a You SUCK! deal.

And the same for Chainsaw Jim.

Hello, been lurking around learning. Cool site. Thought I'd throw out a post to get started. CL find, 2015 372XP-xt basically brand new with manual, tags and all that came with it for $400. Not sure if it qualifies for suckage but it seems like a steal to me!
View attachment 480002

you suck more then a female **** star

So far 2016 has been seriously dry for chainsaw deals around here...even worse than usual.

Yeah, sure, I want to buy your used homeowner saw for 80% of the retail price that you paid, and all of the the used Stihl MS 290 saws for at or higher than new prices.

So far 2016 has been seriously dry for chainsaw deals around here...even worse than usual.

Yeah, sure, I want to buy your used homeowner saw for 80% of the retail price that you paid, and all of the the used Stihl MS 290 saws for at or higher than new prices.

Sounds about right.

Firewood Tow Tug

here is a shot of my small-scale urban forestry firewood Prime Mover.... picked it up off the curb across the street, year or so ago! stopped me in my trax when I saw it there... started shaking in my boots least someone mite snag it out from under me before I could get across the street to it!! lol... yep! priced right and fit my budget Cost: Free!

primemover.JPG

just needed air in tire, bat charged (good maint free 1 yr old), and a carb and fuel system clean out. I added new fuel line all the way, fuel filter, ON/OFF fuel switch, flushed out fuel tank... dropped carb bowl and cleaned it out. new air filter and pre-filter... and got a new ignition key. 6-8 hrs later, hit starter - lit right off! :) I have all the mower deck equip, removed to repaint yellow... and service the spindles. spindle bolts froze solid! busted them out, put in mill, drilled on centers... taped next bolt size up... and presto! EZ bolt up again... but bettern OE stock! always starts rite up - I haul wood with it out of my neighborhood to cut n split... drag or trailer. 12 hp Briggs - 5 speed. mower deck will be in good serviceable condition, but wont ever mow grass again! this rig is a genuine firewood tow tug. been upgraded and reclassified! lol.

one day quit starting... got online traced out all the wires. finally: only could be solenoid... $25.00 at local dealer. one in stock. however, I wanted to fix it. :) (if I could) drilled out rivits, opened it up - found busted super thin wire from windings. took it inside, got out solder iron... and attempted to resolder it! lol :laughing: thin wire like a hair. well, 3rd time try a charm. continuity meter said YES! I said YES! :)... used model airplane bolts to reassemble where rivits drilled out... and been starting perfectly ever since. repair cost: -0- . :) that fit my budget nicely, too!

really like this ol tow tug! I could not bring in the wood I can without it. hauls saws to site well, too! used wheelbarrow before. not bad once load balanced, but still...real PITA pushing it. now we just drive home!! ;) I would value this tow tug maybe $350.00 - $375.00 range, or thereabouts. brakes, clutch, trans, shifter, pkg brake - all work and in good service. I made a custom hitch that also lets me sport a matching green n white sun umbrella for hot, sunny south Texas afternoons....

tunedup.JPG

Back