"You Suck" Thread 2016--Pics required!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this in a mower shop sitting in a box in pieces covered with 1/16" of dust. Was "strait gassed out of the box". Traded a mower I got at an auction for $5 that only needed a $10 carb kit to get it running. Rebuilt with a nikasil kit for $100. $115 total investment. View attachment 481756 View attachment 481757

Nice!

Back when the Dolmar 7900 was a relatively "new" model, I was in a pawn shop and found two Makita chainsaws, a 7901 and a 6401. Neither had any compression, but the store had a 'buy one get the second half off' sale. I don't recall the exact prices, but they were very reasonable even without the sale deal, because at that time few people knew that Makita saws were re-badged Dolmars.

Stupidly I didn't buy them. One factor was my wife was with me :nofunny:.

The store had the same sale/deal on guitars, and I passed on a very rare--historically significant, but not particularly valuable--acoustic guitar.

:cry:

Picked this up today. The owner is hard on his stuff. He wore out a ms 201t. He also claimed its hard to start. Might need a carb rebuild. At least thats what the shop told him so he bought a new one. Asked if i wanted the old one i said sure why not. So i don't have anything in saw at all. When i got it home i sprayed carb cleaner in the exhuast port and it did run for a few seconds. Looked at the piston and looks like some light lines in it. might be the start of scaring. Should just clean up with acid. I am thinking this one will be a good one for a rebuild and modding. I think at most i will have to do carb and new piston. What should i do to it to get some more power out of it? Muffler coil carb? I am pretty sure its the old coil is there a way to check?

Attachments

• 201.JPG
    201.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 214.JPG
    214.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 215.JPG
    215.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 216.JPG
    216.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 217.JPG
    217.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 63
Picked this up today. The owner is hard on his stuff. He wore out a ms 201t. He also claimed its hard to start. Might need a carb rebuild. At least thats what the shop told him so he bought a new one. Asked if i wanted the old one i said sure why not. So i don't have anything in saw at all. When i got it home i sprayed carb cleaner in the exhuast port and it did run for a few seconds. Looked at the piston and looks like some light lines in it. might be the start of scaring. Should just clean up with acid. I am thinking this one will be a good one for a rebuild and modding. I think at most i will have to do carb and new piston. What should i do to it to get some more power out of it? Muffler coil carb? I am pretty sure its the old coil is there a way to check?
For sure mod it. They don't call em 201turds for a reason

I took a old washer to the metal depository and when I pulled into the yard I notice this in the dislocated chainsaw pile
I scooped it up and 10.00 later it was heading home with me. I had the bar, chain, and cover.
I squirted some mix down the plug hole and she popped off. I gave her a good bath replaced the fuel line and a carb kit.
I think she's real close to having to replace the seals for as long as it took to tune it in.
I haven't collected many Homelites but I think I'll keep this one.
20160206_193517.jpg
20160206_193545.jpg

Back