Your favorite saw to run

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 149229

I don't have the large collections, especially the classics, that many of you do so my experience is with "newer" saws. As much as I dislike the company itself, my Echo 400 is awesome. After all the help I got on this site doing the MM and retune these saws absolutely kick azz. The Makita 6401 is a true beast and is a joy to run but those little 400's are like pit bulls, they will not quit. My buddy says the same since he did his. You just can't quit grinning when they're ripping thru wood like a rabid bionic beaver.

My favorite saw to run is my 038 mag. Dont ise it much but when i do it puts a smile on my face.
f800829c68bf0b9d194175b5e376ad86.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

I cut firewood primarily and sprinkle in a little service work and trail clearing with the Scouts.
I like my Stihl 026 better than my other saws.
It's opened up a little and has enough grunt to spin 18" chain getting most of my work taken care of yet packed into a nice small package compared to my 039.
Rabid beaver... won't that make it hurt when you pee??? that's what I call my DIY ms180 and little echo.

If we are talking the older collection then it has been the 056magII I got somewhat recently. It is a beast and it has been known to eat through a group of bionic beavers. But then I also have the snellerized 046 which is a hoot and holler. But that all metal 056 is just old school grunt and I can't get enough

MMWS 562xp for under 18" and Miller Mod 390 for larger. As said 372 is nice too. 262xp to break up the action. 540xp for limb work. Hell, I must like them all.

Favorite to run is different depending on why I'm running it. I love pulling out some big old iron and hearing them run. Just cool to use a P41 or even my Homelite 1020, but for actual use for cutting up my firewood, I really like my ported 350 and the PP 335. Crazy how smooth the 335 feels.

Mac Super 44A or the Mac 55. Both saws run great and are super reliable (post rebuild). They are heavy, but you can't beat the torque.

Latest posts

Back