Your favorite saw to run

• Thread starter Deleted member 149229
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of my favorites to run...

View attachment 602641
When you have that many top-rated saws, it does become rather hard to isolate the favorite. I run into this problem all the time. Perhaps the best idea is to just spread the cutting load around the group and even out the wear and tear. My latest "go-to" is a Makita 520i that starts on the first choke pull when cold, even when it hasn't been run for up to seven days or so. Frankly, I do not know how Dolmar figured out how to do that and I doubt they are going to explain how they did it to anyone else. Trade secret.

I have a few saws and for most part like them all. Last week I started cutting up some good size Oak logs. Most of them are about 60'' at the base. So the saws that have the most CC are my favorite. Since these logs are not real dry they are heavy so they require some hand work to get them able to be put on the splitter. I attack them a few hours most days. Next week will have some limbing to do so so my 60CC saws will become my favorite. How can one saw be a favorite. I can not imagine a perfect saw. Thanks

ba7f1c376294ee0eafffc3362835cedb.jpg

My favorite trio...currently
046, 056magII, MS361
Things change lol.

Last year it was the 254xp's and a 555, this year it was another 555, and a few 372's, so far lol.
But I will say one of my all time favorites is the 50cc husky/jreds 353/346 and the 2152/2153, they have been very good to me, and they fit well/handle well.
I run a husky 350 with a ported 346 cylinder on it quite a bit, and the little ms241's make me some good money.
The saw that was way more than I expected was an ms310 I had for a while, she screamed.
Then I had a, am I talking about my saws again in my sleep honey, I'm sorry :laugh:.

Mmmmm can't wait! I like that full wrap and aggressive looking dawgs.
Better hurry, before they end up on mine :surprised3:.
I would like the wrap, more as a clutch cover protector than to use, although it does have it's place.
Need to order some wrap kits for the 372's, and I'm going to use the large dawgs on the 576 as the 372xpw has large dawgs already.20170724_100652.jpg

Very nice looking saw. How do you get parts for that beast? For now would like to use what I have, but maybe would like to check on availability. Thanks
Actually in my region there not bad to get parts for. Makita owns dolmar you can to any makita autorized repair shop and they can get parts. Now that makita is merging the two parts should be even more accessible!

Latest posts

Back