Z4lunch's 088 expansion chamber

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dawgs

John,
Your absolutley right... I've been meaning to do that.
I'll probably take off the clutch cover side and have my buddy mill off the teeth on the other.
If you catch a dog in the wood, during a race, your done
Steve

Steve, I take mine off for milling...put back on for felling. Might just want to have one made up and keep the stock parts. First time off can be a beech...they use blue loc-tite on 'em.

Sap

Stinger

Steve here...
Doug and Ben, I put a stinger in the pipe, per Ken, just to try it... I'll make some tymed cuts on Saturday.
John as you can see the 'he man felling dogs are gone, made a litt'el bumper spike just to keep the paint on the front of the saw...ha ha

Talked to Scott Mueller tonight about the antique saw race comming up August 16th in Baraboo WI. Hope some of you AS guys will beable to make it.
Seth , he'd like you to bring your two man saw if you can make it.

Anybody that needs square ground chain for the antique stock classes let me know...Just kidding Scott!! LOL

Steve

steve's pipe

Hello steve,
let us know which way is faster with a timed cut. Who is grinding square chain? I need a couple of square ground chains sharpened. lol
Ken

Steve/Ken

How much of that is the original pipe, and how much has been fabricated?

Just Curious,

Joe

Joe,
Steve here...
Both ends where modified by ken...The header end was changed and the muffler was cut off. The center section is all original . It was an RLV KT-100 A2 kart pipe, when it was new.

Hi Ken, I can grind chain for you, but you must promise not to mount it on a bad sprocket and bar or it will cut tobagans for sure.
John

Scott,
Don't tell Les, but...Kens going to give it more squeeze, and more timing...I gotta make sure I can beat Les's kart motor next year... And who knows what your cousin's got up his sleave???

Steve

Steve, if your not going to cut in the woods with it, why not go all the way with the mods? The only reason not to would be to keep the nice runabilty and easy pump gas nature of the saw the way it is now. It's a ???? fast saw the way it is, and you'll probably never blow it up if it doesn't get too lean. At least you can still get parts over the counter. We can't get too close on the mixture with these macs, it's not easy to find rings and stuff any more, at a reasonable price.
Scott

Latest posts

Back