Title: Contract Cruiser/Potential Forester Position
Number of Positions Available: 3
Location: DeQueen, AR
Duration: Until May of 2007, unless hired on as a Forester at the end of that period, then it would be a permanent position
Basic timber cruising using fixed area plots in pine plantations. Plots are very quick to sample, usually less than 5 minutes. The vegetation, however, is very thick and will be your main obstacle to overcome. You will lay out cruises on MapTech TerrainNavigator Pro, transfer those points to a GPS unit then go to those points to take your samples. To take those samples, you will either be using a data logger or paper tally sheets. When using paper tally sheets, you will be also required to enter the data into a computer program or into a data logger when a setting is complete. The stands will be check-cruised to specifications to ensure quality data.
Job Skills & Qualifications
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent is required; Associates degree in Forestry or related field with a B.S. degree preferred.
2. Must be able to read and interpret maps, use a G.P.S. unit and be highly motivated to do quick, quality work
3. Must be able to read and interpret measurement specifications, regulations and policies.
4. Must have a valid driver’s license, personal vehicle and a good driving record.
5. Must be personable and have good communication skills.
6. Integrity and honesty are of utmost importance
7. Must have no felony convictions
Pay is dependent upon amount of work completed with most contractors making >$20/hr.
Assistance with finding living accommodations is available, but the contractor/employee will be responsible for all expenses incurred such as rent and utilities.
Please send resume and references to:
U.S. Forestry & Wildlife Consulting, LLC
Attn: Brian Beauchamp
201 E. Central
Miami, Oklahoma 74354
Also, feel free to e-mail me at beauchamp_brian@ usfwc.com or call (918)533-3458 at any time if you have any questions.
More About Company