Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few other good ones from milling a mantle recently but i need to find them first.
100_1136.jpg

dscn1636.jpg

dscn1640.jpg

Finally resized some pics of my MS660 Magnum. I noticed OZ saw has 0.5 kW more than the US version. Lucky us I spose.:clap:

Finally resized some pics of my MS660 Magnum. I noticed OZ saw has 0.5 kW more than the US version. Lucky us I spose.:clap:

Does just the DP cover make that much difference? Or is there some other little EPA trick that reduces the US versions power?

Does just the DP cover make that much difference? Or is there some other little EPA trick that reduces the US versions power?

I'm not the person to answer that. I wouldn't think the muffler would be that big an improvement. Do we in australia measure our HP differently? Who knows?:confused:

I'm not the person to answer that. I wouldn't think the muffler would be that big an improvement. Do we in australia measure our HP differently? Who knows?:confused:

yes here we use horsepower, over there you use roopower.

:)

Yes.... big time... The 066 was nailed back a long time before EPA. OSHA made Stihl discontinue the DP cover in 1995(?) because of the noise levels.
I published that data a few years back... but If I remember right, it's about 0.7hp difference.. Hey.. roughly 0.5KW...

Yes.... big time... The 066 was nailed back a long time before EPA. OSHA made Stihl discontinue the DP cover in 1995(?) because of the noise levels.
I published that data a few years back... but If I remember right, it's about 0.7hp difference.. Hey.. roughly 0.5KW...

Nice! a .7hp gain for 43 bucks isnt a bad deal. Works for me. It sounds so good now. I started up the 260 yesterday, which is muff modded, and it sounded like a nest of bees after running the DP 660.

My little collection.

Six saws in total, I'll start out big.

This saw used to be an 070 but a new clutch and engine changed all that.

090 36 Inch Bar
attachment.php

090 25 Inch Bar
attachment.php

090 21 Inch Bar
attachment.php

I bought the 25 Inch "Old Time" Brushed Steel Oregon Bar today for £20 ($40) and intend to keep it as the "ornamental" bar when the saw is fully restored, it may take a while as I am still "playing" with this saw.
There are new full wrap handle, new oil cap and new name plates still to come to make it look a bit nicer.

MS440 26 Inch Bar
attachment.php

MS440 20 Inch Bar
attachment.php

Got bored over the Christmas Hollidays so I decided to bring down the squish, muff mod and port this one, wicked and fast is all that needs to be said about it.

038 FarmBoss 20 Inch Bar
attachment.php

This is the saw which has been used as my door stop for the garage for the past year even though it had a new Stihl OEM P&C installed but has never been fully run in.

Last edited:
028 WoodBoss 18 Inch Bar
attachment.php

My First ever saw. Dependable and solid little saw. It's because of how much I loved this saw that I bought all the rest!

338XPT 12 & 14 Inch Bars
attachment.php

Waiting for it's second plastic oiler drive gear in a year, this is a true POS and the last Husqvarna I'll ever own.
The best part of this saw is the Stihl Chain on the 12 Inch Bar.

Back