07S and another 070 Join the ranks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave k

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The 070 arrived yesterday and the 07S today both from E bay and as described, 07S even came with a 20" bar & chain plus spare new Stihl .404 chain which the guy gave me ! We all read stories of rip offs and misrepresented saws on E bay so at least they are not all bad !
When I stripped the 070 I decided to replace the air filter and had been told that the starter mech needed work, clutch was worn and the chain side cover was damaged. So rang my local dealer not expecting any joy but to my and his suprise the Stihl distributors for Ireland had all the parts on the self ! side cover, clutch, air filter and starter ring. We suspect it was like a scene from Indiana Jones when they go looking in an old dusty warehouse ! The side cover had been in stock for almost ten years and was the only one left same with starter ring and clutch.
The 070 has electronic ign. anyone know if it is common to any other models, it is a Bosch unit 1217 280 006 ? saw is running fine but would be good to know. Thanks

Nice to hear someone else on this side of the Atlantic has an interest in the old Stihls.
If I wasn't busy with the new baby and had a little more time on my hands you may have had competition for those two!
Congratulations on the new saws!
The 070, 090, 07 and 07S all share the same Coil, Plate and Points setup. (Stihl # 1106 400 0510)

Here are my lot in that category:-
07 (Parts saw)
07 (Needs electronic ignition or new points installed.)
07S (Perfect runner)

attachment.php

attachment.php

090 (Runner and prized possession! Just needs side nameplate to be complete.)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back