Problems with a Homelite CS3314/UT10734R

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstrick32

Reaction score
I'm new here and I've got a couple of problems with my little Homey. First problem is that it pours to much oil out. Changed the duck bill and still the same problem. When I went to replace the duck bill it hat a T-fitting on the end of the line and I'd never seen one like that before so I replace it with a straight fitting. The second problem is the fuel lines and which one goes where. I have the long line with filter going to the port beneath the air filter and the short line with the primer bulb going to the port on the throttle lever side above the idle adjustment screw. The primer bulb will not pump up with fuel like it use to do, sounds more like it's sucking air than fuel. It is a new cap and primer. It did start up and ran for awhile but now a no start problem. Does anyone think that they might help this old man out before I burn this thing?? I know that the primer is the return line but which is the return port. Thanks in advance the owner's manual is no help.

I'm new here and I've got a couple of problems with my little Homey. First problem is that it pours to much oil out. Changed the duck bill and still the same problem. When I went to replace the duck bill it hat a T-fitting on the end of the line and I'd never seen one like that before so I replace it with a straight fitting. The second problem is the fuel lines and which one goes where. I have the long line with filter going to the port beneath the air filter and the short line with the primer bulb going to the port on the throttle lever side above the idle adjustment screw. The primer bulb will not pump up with fuel like it use to do, sounds more like it's sucking air than fuel. It is a new cap and primer. It did start up and ran for awhile but now a no start problem. Does anyone think that they might help this old man out before I burn this thing?? I know that the primer is the return line but which is the return port. Thanks in advance the owner's manual is no help.

switch the fuel lines around and then try to prime it

let me know what you find out and we will go from there thanks
calvin

switch the fuel lines around and then try to prime it

let me know what you find out and we will go from there thanks
calvin

Thanks and sorry for the delay in geting back, got throwed on the side burner for awhile. Swapped lines no change, put lines back as were and it will prime up with cap off. I figured I might of twisted the return line when screwing cap back on. Got it to fire off but it will run for a short while and die as if it runs out of fuel. I'll try to vent the fuel tank with a duck bill and stop the oil from pouring out by changing the fittings on the oil tube. The oil regulator is not a part of this saw. I'm trying to find the following parts, some which say they are no longer made,

69659B Oil line fitting (Duck Bill)

83004 Oil line lock washer (Duck Bill)

98819 Check valve (Duck Bill)

08819 Check valve (Off side of fuel tank)

Any help please!! These numbers came from the Homelite site.

Last edited:
Back