First day with the 192t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phoenix

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just got a new MS 192t today and since its a new saw I thought I might be able to help some other perspective buyers by telling you guys what I thought of it. Mine came with a 12" mini rollomatic bar and PMN chain. I've never run a 200t so I can't compare it to that, but it is a quick little saw. The narrow chain seems to help out in making up for the lack of power. Limbing the 30 ft. holly tree I'm taking down in my back yard, it was going through limbs up to 5" thick like a hot knife through butter. The 192 is incredibly light and pretty well balanced so it takes alot of cutting before you even need to think about taking a break. The atni-vibe is also great, it uses springs instead of the old rubber buffers. The only thing I don't like is that the front handle is awkwardley thin. It felt ok when I checked it out at the dealer, but after using it a bit it just felt funny. Overall I'm very pleased with it, I think time will prove it to be a good reliable saw. And at almost half the cost of a 200t I think it could bring alot of buyers like me who want a light top-handle trimming saw but aren't pro climbers who need to spend a lot of money on one.

I'll be using it some more tomarrow so if I notice anything else worth mentioning I'll post that later too.

I've been thinking about putting one in my collection just for fun, probably I will. from the reviews I've heard so far Stihl went down the right road with this saw, and got another good model.

I bought one last week to try it out. Mine came with a 14" bar and 3/8lp chain. It was very underpowered. I opened up the muffler today and will try it out tomorrow. I did a few test cuts and noticed a huge difference. I'll let you know.

To be fair, I felt my 200t was underpowered when I bought it too. I guess once you're used to modded saws everything stock feels underpowered.:)

anyway a man can replace the front handle with one off a 200T? I haven't touched a 192T yet, so I don't know, it was just a question.
-Ralph

The 192 is a 4 port, piston port design, while the 191 was a reed valve design. The 191 was a bear to work on in the handle area with all the linkage. The 192 is a little better from the serviceability view.

I am happy with my 192T. Its no 200 but it'll get the job done....slower but done. I have ran about 10-15 tankjs through and the high side needs adjusting. BOther than that its all good!! I am going to do a muffler mod soon too!

Ok,I just thought there may be a section for how tos like there are on other forums

Latest posts

Back