new Redwing Steel Toed Boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God of ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just got a spiffy new pair of Redwing steel toed boots!

they are pretty comfortable for steel toe boots. Redwing makes good stuff. made in USA too...

chaps, protective shirt, peltor helmet and now steel toe boots. chainsaw gloves is next...

anyone else using steel toe boots?

redwing.JPG

The little fringes are "kinda cute.."

I know most boot manufactures have added these to keep the roper look.
I would rather them come up with a permanent rubber toe cap.. Steel toe inserts tend to wear the leather out when kneeling more so than non steel toe.

Yup. I wear Georgia boots, 'logger' style. Just lace them up and go - by far the most comfortable boot I have ever worn (and they're steel toe). I found Redwings take forever to break in - if I am laying out that kind of dough, I want them to be comfortable.

I have a pair of Redwing Loggers. I don't like them at all. My feet get cold in them, and I find the bottoms slippery. I'm gonna try Georgias next time.

Just got a spiffy new pair of Redwing steel toed boots!

they are pretty comfortable for steel toe boots. Redwing makes good stuff. made in USA too...

chaps, protective shirt, peltor helmet and now steel toe boots. chainsaw gloves is next...

I wear steel toed boots too, non-caulked.

But I think I'm getting a pair of caulked boots - Slipping around this winter finally convinced myself I need a pair.

Leaning towards a pair of Viking Timberwolfs but not completely convinced. Vibergs would be nice but they almost cost as much as a saw....

Last edited:
I wear steel-toe boots everyday. They are lace-to-toe logger boots with Vibram soles. My cold-weather boots are Georgia Loggers (non-steel toe) with 400grams of thinsulate. I'd like to save up and get some White's boots. They are our local boot maker.

wolverine multishox makes a good safety toe boot with a metatarsal guard
for around $180

they're very good, and comfy

great ankle support

same safety rating as steel toe

I have a pair of redwing loggers with steel toe and a steel foot bridge shield. They are real comfy and I dig the extra level of protection.

wolverine multishox makes a good safety toe boot with a metatarsal guard
for around $180

they're very good, and comfy

great ankle support

same safety rating as steel toe

Better safety than a steel toe!

Im thinking about one of the new breeds of metatarsals, the kind that look like a normal boot. Steel toes are good, but most of the stuff that hits you on top of your foot will contact your arch, And this hurts.

Neither one is really gonna save your foot from someone dropping a tree on it, but a pair of Mets will lessen how much pain you feel in a normal type incident.

I could probably go on forever about boots, but I'll keep it short.
1.I tend to spend a lot on good boots, and I've tried quite a few brands. I used to buy a lot of cheap boots and got sick of my feet hurting. I probably had 15 different pair of the wal mart specials.
2.So, my first pair of good boots was a pair of red wings like those. They wore out quite quickly, but were the most comfortable pair I've ever had. The sole seperated from the rest of the shoe and they leaked water really bad, but like I said Red Wings are VERY comfortable. They ran about $250.
3.My Second pair was a pair of Georgia Loggers, they were stiff, uncomfortable, and lasted even less long. They had the frills like yours do, and I liked that though. They ran about $200.
4. My current pair is a pair of Carolinas. They are the Redwood Loggers. They are insulated, and have all the bells and whistles. They are by far the most durable long lasting boots I've ever had. They are also very comfortable (almost as good as Red Wings). The catch however is that you get what you pay for. They ran me a whopping $325.
5. I can't say enough for steel toe boots. On the farm they saved me numerous times from falling objects and cows stepping on them. I also one time had an employee that was helping me move my home. It slipped off the jack and the tongue landed on his steel toe. Instead of smashing his foot it simply drove it into the ground (whewww). I recently slipped with the chainsaw and I have a nice slice in the front of my boot. Imagine if it wasn't a steel toe?!? There is something to be said for good quality steel toe work boots.

there are boots other than steel toe? :jawdrop:

all i have ever worn has been steel toe boots. Even when dressed up in the suit and tie (weddings etc) i'm stil wearing steel toe boots, albiet, highly polished 6" black parade shoes.

I wear steel toe boot.. but mine are Police issue RG, $29 on sale at Big 5!!! they last about a year, and are real comfortable..

Never buy cheap boots. I will try to post a pic of 2 pair of Red Wings. The pair on the left is 4yrs old and the pair on the right is 9 months. The ones on the right are my "dress" boots. They are the same model shoe with but I had to move from EEE to EH. There was mention earlier by someone that they had a problem with a Red Wing shoe. I hope they understand that Red Wings are warranteed for life against defects. They need to go back to there dealer and he/she will make it right. I buy from a genuine cobbler and dealer and any repairs are at no cost. I still have a pair of Red Wings around here from the early 1990's. You may ask why buy new? Well once I wear through the toes I get a new pair

Bill

Last edited:
Just a thought... those steel-toe boots wont cover your leg fully, thats why i use rubber boots by stihl... oh, and another reason for that is the ridiculous amount of snow we get :hmm3grin2orange:

sure sounds like you really like Carolinas Redwood loggers!

are these the same one's? if so, here's a super closeout deal on em... $119 http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=334707

4. My current pair is a pair of Carolinas. They are the Redwood Loggers. They are insulated, and have all the bells and whistles. They are by far the most durable long lasting boots I've ever had. They are also very comfortable (almost as good as Red Wings). The catch however is that you get what you pay for. They ran me a whopping $325.

Good looking kicks.

I am not a professional anything, but I have Wesco Firestormers and could not be happier for a boot to work in on the mountain. Not steel toe, but for as much crouching, hiking as I do when felling I am glad.

I have had great luck with Redwings in the shop and when I was working 60's landscaping, but they always disappointed when I was using them hard.

Good boots are key to a good work day IMHO, so spending some dough is no worries. I am a big cat and always feel like my back and hips are less tired with the right stuff on my feet.

Also, the lace to toe is great for boots you are putting miles on when hiking in the bush, or so I think.

Well once I wear through the toes I get a new pair

You need to get those toe protectors. Heavy-duty plastic, come in brown and black with a little rasp and contact cement. $10 at my local red wing dealer. They save a TON of wear on the toebox.

Put the plastic on the boot and trace the outline, scuff them up good and don't skimp on the glue when you put them on. they last for years.

my father-in-law turned me on to these. he was a mason and all his co-workers would go through a pair of boot in a 4-5 months from all the scuffing kneeling around finishing concrete. His boots last a few years.

You do need to replace the insole/liner/insert though - once they wear out, nothing but replacing it...

Back