6hp Husqvarna 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just about 2hp with a drill bit.Drill somehttp://www.dieselbombers.com/sale/12869-husqvarna-359-59cc-5hp-chainsaw.html big ol' holes and you got it.:chainsaw: Evan,you didn't have to do all that port work to get 6hp.:cheers:

what was i thinkn???

those guys were talkn about a 044 a few months ago.

what was i thinkn???

those guys were talkn about a 044 a few months ago.

You could have saved yourself alot of time.I am going to sell my 4.5hp husqvarna 44 with the race muffler on it for more on Ebay now.:hmm3grin2orange:
attachment.php

When a individual clames that they can work a homeowner saw that puts out approx 3.5 hp stock, up to putting out 6hp and up I tend to think that they are missing the boat as to their profession. They should go straight to Sweeden and demand their rightfull place as design engineers for Husqvarna. The engineers that work there now can only get approx. 7 to 8hp out of their biggest pro saw and have any amount of reliability.

Last edited:
the 359 is far from homeowner saw. despite how it may advertised. also advertiseing for the this saw has changed in the past few years. the 359 is pro saw

i realy wouldnt doubt 6 horse out of well ported 359.

the 359 has been known to run with stock 70-90cc saws when ported.

mine is ported and may be the liveliest saw i own. it is freakn fast in small wood and will drag 24" right along side my 70cc saw. ill have to get vid of 044/359 shoot out going one of these days. both wearn short and long bars.

Last edited:
the 359 is far from homeowner saw. despite how it may advertised. also advertiseing for the this saw has changed in the past few years. the 359 is pro saw ....

Not a pro saw, but mostly pro quality - what sets it apart is the lower quality engine, with more primitive porting and generally lower quality - just like the 353.

Back