Longest Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On another part of Arborist there have been pictures of very large trees put up.

The question of cutting one of these trees came up. I thought I would come to the experts.

What is the longest bar you have ever used, seen, or heard of?

I can see where CANNON produces a 96" bar and will do custom bars but have no idea of how long a bar can get.

Thanks,

Hal

IIRC a custom bar maker in Oregon said the longest they have made was 14'

Mr. HE:cool:

IIRC a custom bar maker in Oregon said the longest they have made was 14'

Mr. HE:cool:

Must have a powerhead on each end?

you talking about "the if you post... youll be banned thread"? Them some big trees!

Here is a reply from CANNON BAR WORKS:

To my knowledge, the longest bar we have built was 180" (15 ft) long, double ended sawmill bar - assembled in two pieces. This went to a customer in Hawaii.

I do not have history from prior to 1997, however I suspect this is a record-breaker.

Susan Lockhart
Cannon Bar Works Ltd.

Hal

64 inch is the longest i have run and own.
Some of the 2 mans could be ordered with
144 inch bars like the Titan Blue Streak.
I'm sure there were companys like Oregon,
General and Cannon that built custom bars
for customers that needed them.

Lee

i got a little 50'' but the biggest bar i heard before this post was a 12' and it had 2 powerhead one on each end. i heard this from a local echo dealer i should go check if he ever got it. :monkey:

There was a thread a yr or so ago on this,Spotted Owl and his brother used one with an 084 on each end,16 or 18 ft if I remember right.

16' with twin 84s. Custom Cannon bar.

The story is some place and i don't want to type it again(makes my knuckles sore). Bro in law now has the bar. Just got it a few weeks ago from the old bosses wife after he passed. If I can remember I will try and get a photo next time we are down to his place.

Owl

63 stools long, about 160 feet. Oh, you are talking about saw bars.:givebeer:

The longest bar I have ever seen was in a drinking establishment in Livingston Montana. Must have been 130' long and bet 40 or so people could belly up to it.

Sorry... couldn't help myself.

The biggest I have actually seen and also used was 60". Now I know there are bars out there that are at least twice that long, I have no idea how anybody controls them or the monster engine on the end.. but that is another story.

16' with twin 84s. Custom Cannon bar.

The story is some place and i don't want to type it again(makes my knuckles sore). Bro in law now has the bar. Just got it a few weeks ago from the old bosses wife after he passed. If I can remember I will try and get a photo next time we are down to his place.

I'd like to see and read that! :clap:

Back