Mill Holiday number 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobL

No longer addicted to AS
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Remember this holiday from last year ?
attachment.php

Well I'm back there again this week - stay tuned.

Ah yes...the old snake picture trip. I remember reading that thread..didn't you leave some stuff because you ran out of milling time? Heading back out...packing your rubber insurance policy again?

What happend to the snake??? Great pic.

Kevin

It's a rubber snake. Cuttin buddy Hud is a bit of a joker and had his rubber python on the back of Ranger so he put it under the log for effect. When I posted it the first time I said nothing for a while and then when someone sussed it was a fake I claimed we put it there deliberately to keep the other snakes away.

Well definitely no milling today.
attachment.php

That's 116.1F outside under the shade, and 110F inside !

Then the power went off for 4 hours due to a electrical power pole top fire and bushfire about 5 miles away. So no airconditioning,

Hud's ultimate solution to the problem - note reserve supply to the left of the fridge.
attachment.php

Fortunately the beer fridge was so well stocked and already chilled it did not warm up to much in that time.

Rather than be cooked inside we vacated to the elevated veranda of their not quite completed house.
attachment.php

AT least there was a (very hot) breeze.

BTW Here a pic of Hud and Sandy's new house.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Finally got to fire up the CS mill

Late yesterday I finally managed to put the mill onto a log. Its another old jarrah that has been down for many years. I knew it had significant damage down the middle of the log - the question was how much.

The site.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Setup
attachment.php

attachment.php

First big cut.
attachment.php

More pics
attachment.php

attachment.php

This shows the amount of oil I like to see on the bar nose while milling.
attachment.php

No pics of the slabs unfortunately but here you can see the damage in the middle of the log.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Bob...your milling is amazing as is the place you live. I gotta get there some day..Oz & Ireland are on my bucket list.
116???? We just came out of a deep freeze where it didn't get above freezing for almost 2 weeks. I have(had) 2 hives of bees....neither made it. I inspected them today, had plenty of honey left, they just froze to death. Snakes aren't a prob for us this time of year.........

RD

Latest posts

Back