kickback ouchie (CAUTION GORE)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smeath

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey guys 2 days ago had a horizontal kickback insident in the period of time i wasnt wearing chaps and anyway ended up cutting my leg with my echo cs310 andway on the bad side i cut my leg but on the good side im trading the saw in tomorrow for a husqvarna 435e. oh also the wound i covered with gauze and duct tape and continued anoth 7 hours and then 5 the following day. Heres a pic
73598_458703228737_616128737_5415149_4992336_n.jpg

Ouch!! Glad your OK. (relatively speaking, could have been a lot worse)

Glad you are ok, chaps with new saw suggested.

... my echo cs310 ....t on the good side im trading the saw in tomorrow for a husqvarna 435e.

That's a trade UP? :confused:

Anyway, glad it wasn't worse.

Duct tape isn't good if it's covering the whole wound. Wounds need to breathe.

Glad you're (mostly) OK.

Any idea why or how the kickback occurred? What you could have done differently? Us newbies should learn from your experience.

You can't be from Australia, there are no Blowflies on it yet :)

Take it easy mate and for those over in the US, if we enter the hospital system via emergency we pay very little if anything at all. Our Medicare system is one of the best in the world and we're certainly lucky to have it.
I am shocked to hear the costs associated with your medical system sometimes.

hey guys 2 days ago had a horizontal kickback insident in the period of time i wasnt wearing chaps and anyway ended up cutting my leg with my echo cs310 andway on the bad side i cut my leg but on the good side im trading the saw in tomorrow for a husqvarna 435e. oh also the wound i covered with gauze and duct tape and continued anoth 7 hours and then 5 the following day. Heres a pic
73598_458703228737_616128737_5415149_4992336_n.jpg

hope you heal up fast,,but that does need stitches

i hope it is not as see as it seems i'd say if it's more then 1/2 deep you may have to go to the doctor to get it packed, so it can heal from the inside out.

also if it is't that deep just use sterile gauze and wash your hands before doing it and change the dressing at lest once a day to prevent the scab/skin growing into the gauze..

watch out for discharge that is white and if you dog wants to lick the wound, i know it may sound odd but, they can smell an infection coming on and sometimes they are right

personally i'd goto the doctor to get it checked out even throw i don't have insurance :-(

Another reason i havent stopped using my safety chain til i get some chaps!

Heal up!

Take it easy mate and for those over in the US, if we enter the hospital system via emergency we pay very little if anything at all. Our Medicare system is one of the best in the world and we're certainly lucky to have it.

Must be nice. :cheers:

socialized medicine is the devil!! its up there with public schools

Just the other day I was playing 20 questions with my Stihl dealer (still kind of a chain saw newbie) and when talking about chaps he told me about a customer that went to cut up a tree that was down one day and figured that he didn't need to wear the chaps since it was just one tree. Yeah, he got a similar scar that day.

The only time I don't wear mine are when my dad is out there cutting with me because his balance is hosed due to some nerve damage in one leg so I figure he needs them more than I do. I wouldn't want to see him step on a log and go down with the saw then chomp up his leg again. I guess I ought to buy him a pair.

Another tip that stuck with me long back:
"Stay out of the plane of the chain." (Where kickbacks cut.)

Of course, this can be a problem in a horizontal cut. At least you'd recognize the danger, maybe make sure you have a good grip and are clear as possible.

Not meaning to preach, just have trouble with the sight of blood.

Latest posts

Back