Bucks, bars, chains and saws....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Reaction score
Odd title but it sums it up. On Tuesday I was headed to my mother's to do some chores and cut some wood when I saw a large buck in an overgrown field. I went an 1/8 mile down the road and did a U-turn and came back to get some pictures. This is the best I could do from my vantage point with the tall vegetation.

Bigbuck004.jpg

I spent about 10 minutes looking at him and he 5 looking back at me. He looked as if he wanted to cross the busy 2 lane road I was on but then became spooked and retreated into the woods.

After seeing a buck I then met the fellow I got the IH 1500 4x4 and the J-red 910 and Granberg mill from and decided to spend a few. He was cleaning up and had a bunch of stuff to offer. I passed on a RedMax top handle saw but got these bars.

Stihl015004.jpg

And these as well, which also included a new Stihl 12" bar in the package.

Stihl015005.jpg

A total of 21 bars in all and he threw in 13 chains, some good, some not so good and one new one.

Stihl015003.jpg

I also got 3 saws, two for parts and this small J-red that looks to be just missing the bar and chain (gee..., I wonder if I have one that fits) that he says will run.

Stihl015007.jpg

Finally, the gem of the bunch, a Stihl 015 that will run on mix that comes with the original case as well as the hedge trimmer attachment.

Stihl015006.jpg

To make things even better, he remembered that he had books for both the Stihl products.

Stihl015001.jpg

All in all, a pretty good CAD day especially since he is interested in buying the Cub Cadet 2072 that I have out back.

Last edited:
Another good haul!!

That little red and black saw isn't a J'red though......I'm not sure who made them, but they were marketted under many names.....Frontier, Husky, etc. I've got a whole stack of them in a rainbow of colors.

Cool deal. Here is a buck my dad raised in his barn back before it was common practice like it is now. 52 points 296 7/8 B&C. Fed him for 11 years...Bob

Another good haul!!

That little red and black saw isn't a J'red though......

The PO told me that it was the first J-red that he bought new. I looked it over and it has no identifying marks other than a serial number tag on the right side of the rear handle.

Good haul for sure and very rare on the 015 attachment.

First one I have seen too, but I am not really a Stihl guy. I think I will need to take it apart and clean up the rust and lubricate it before putting it back together.

The 009 style case looks to be in good condition, bet the needle bearings fell out.

Jerry, I am not sure what the story is on it other than he wanted it gone. The piston is still there but the cylinder and the rest of it are not. The fellow maintains three large estates and seems to go through a lot of saws.

Cool deal. Here is a buck my dad raised in his barn back before it was common practice like it is now. 52 points 296 7/8 B&C. Fed him for 11 years...Bob

Looks like he had some moose in him with the flat tines...

Back