Look at this Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskycandoit

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This saw im thinking its a 3120 cant really tell because the writing is in German. It a back saver to the looks of it but it probably need some time getting use to it.

oldsaw-addict said:
Its a russian model, not for the US or the rest of europe.
Looking at that thing sheds a little light on the cause of Chernobyl. lol Can you imagine the kickback danger on that saw! :)

I give up... somebody tell me what the advantage of such a setup would be? Not having to bend over to fell the tree? I guess if you were walking down rows of plantation pine thinning or something there might be an advantage, but sure looks awkward to use that way.
Dave

I think it just for lazy people and people who dont fear kick back with that stupid setup. In the other pics. it looks like thats just an attachment so you might be able to put the regular handles back on.

Its still made in Isreal.

The handle design you see here was common on Druzhba Ural, and one other brand of saw exclusive to russia.
the primary advantage is not having to bend over to cut a tree, but kickback is a big issue with it. Bucking logs would be complicated with the handles as they are built.

I would like to try one.
The design is very old and Husky 262XPH is the only way to sell husky in some parts of Russia.
After all if the design has been around since the 60's why should it not have a purpose.

262xph

If you take a look at Husky's Russian site,you can find more on this saw. Most of us doesn't read Russian, but if you are accustomed to Husky's websites you dont really have to understand the language to find the chainsaw section. Anyway, it should be easy to figure out which numbers means what. As an example, in this case the power rating is 3.4kw/ 4.7hp and the weight is stated as 6.5 kg (which I seriously doubt - only .7 kg more than regular 262xp).

I think Israel is the country where the greatest number of Husky's discontinued in USA and Western Europe are still offered for sale.

Does anyone know if this is leftover saws prodused in Sweden, or if they are produced somewhere else???

Handle height

TimberMcPherson said:
If you were doing a year 5 or 9 thin on pines you could get alot of cutting done without bending over.
The handles in the second picture look to be about 18" to 24" above the bar . It seems to indicate that you would be cutting at Knee height if you were standing upright . Are pines thinned at knee height ? Scott

TonyM said:
Man, it just looks like an accident waiting to happen. How in the world would you control the thing?

As above, that looks asclose to certain death as I think I've seen.

As I recall, one of the Russian posters said that exhaust fumes would accumulate in the hole dug in the snow to get to the base of the tree. The handle arrangement was to keep the operator upright and out of the fumes.

Latest posts

Back