Predator Vandalized

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotax Robert

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Last weekend I was racing in Forks Wa. and noticed what seemed like a miss when I started the saw. My first assumption was that I losing the accellerator pump (this has happened one other time) but went on to race anyway.

Anyway I had the head wrench come over today to check out the saw and give her a good checking over as to be ready for her next show. While giving the Predator its checkup he found that some A$$hole decided to pour some gravel down one of the Zumis and or the Carb or both, either that or my fuel filter wont filter out anything smaller than 5/8 crushed rock. Needless to say we are going to have to rebuild the top end which I am sure will be plently costly. It just pisses me off when people feel they have to screw with other peoples stuff.

No worry though we'll have her back out racing in no time.

Sorry to hear that Rotax for all the good people in this world there's gotta be a few A/holes i look forward to seeing the Predator run at Placerville when i come on over in October, and i've been saving my pennies up to help me get to see all you fella's.

hardatwork.jpg

Dscf0011a.jpg

I may even bring one of my Mac's to keep ya fellas on our toes.

Mc Bob.

Robert,
Sorry to hear about how dumb people are. Anyways is it a alum. small block chevy????? May be sprint engine??? I never seen it but I would love to see how you got it together. Thanks and sorry again.

Sorry to hear about the sabotage. We know that you have alot of time and money invested. To hear that some POS had to mess with someone else's property, especially in such a destructive way, really ticks me off. Hope you can find out who did this. What goes around comes around.

Rotax Robert said:
Last weekend I was racing in Forks Wa. and noticed what seemed like a miss when I started the saw. My first assumption was that I losing the accellerator pump (this has happened one other time) but went on to race anyway.

Anyway I had the head wrench come over today to check out the saw and give her a good checking over as to be ready for her next show. While giving the Predator its checkup he found that some A$$hole decided to pour some gravel down one of the Zumis and or the Carb or both, either that or my fuel filter wont filter out anything smaller than 5/8 crushed rock. Needless to say we are going to have to rebuild the top end which I am sure will be plently costly. It just pisses me off when people feel they have to screw with other peoples stuff.

No worry though we'll have her back out racing in no time.

Robert your right there are some real A$$holes out there..Hopefully you will find out who it is..

film may be there

Is there any possibility that filming of a nearby event could have caught a glimpse of where you're saw was at?
(Apparently, I've been watching too much Law & Order).

Forgive me for asking, but is your saw the biggest baddest on the hill?

I don't play a detective, but for some reason I suspect that there is one competitor out there that can't handle loosing. All it takes is one bad apple.

There are a lot of good folks. I also suspect that they will look out for you and themselves from now on with publicity from this event.

All the best, don't get mad, just beat 'em.

i do not think the person should be banned from competitions.. the best way is to find video proof, then let the owner of the saw have some personal time with the vandal.. that way the vandal gets a much better "understanding" of their actions.. if somebody messed with my saws in a race, i wont be going to the officials.. i want some alone time with the person that did it.

cleanup on isle 4 please..

Sounds like something a dumb kid would do, or maybe some of the "green" vandals.
Scott

Wow, what a loser. Hope you find em.

My buddy had a 70 SS 396 chevelle in High school (a nice one)

His "Buddy" did some work on it & neglected to tell him that he dropped the wing nut for the air filter cover down the carb throat.

Could have been easily gotten with a magnet, but after he drove it home it was too late.

never made it past the intake valve & into the cylinder. Just hammered the hell out of the valve & seat.

Hope you get her up & running soon & it doesnt cost you a fortune.

Dam n, Robert, that is just plain tragic! The pathetic guilty parties need to force fed a few pounds of said rocks....might do their gizzards good.

My guess is, it didn't happen at the show, unless it was some prankster kids. Which could happen while you're on the road, as in stopped along the way or overnight at a motel......Now you're gonna have to lock it up somehow, or you're be looking over your shoulder from now on.....

rbtree said:
Dam n, Robert, that is just plain tragic! The pathetic guilty parties need to force fed a few pounds of said rocks....might do their gizzards good.

My guess is, it didn't happen at the show, unless it was some prankster kids. Which could happen while you're on the road, as in stopped along the way or overnight at a motel......Now you're gonna have to lock it up somehow, or you're be looking over your shoulder from now on.....
You mean the ProLong didn't protect your engine? :laugh: lol Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll go to my corner now.

Latest posts

Back