husky #s 3 didget & 4 didgets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know, the only Huskys with four digit model numbers are the 99 cc and over saws - but maybe I misinterpreted your question.:confused:

Last edited:
i believe he is refering to the 455 and now 460 570 575xp and the older model numbers like 350 353 372xp etc...
here is my understanding of them the 455 and 460 are homeowner newer designs than the older 300 series.
the 570 and 575 are the next generation of pro saw replacing for now just the 372xp
xp on the end means extra power
xpg = heated handles
other than that the last two gigits = cc or rough cc with rounding
i.e. 372xp is a 72 cc saw with air induction and is a pro saw
460 is a 60cc saw no xtra power and is heavy basically it is a homeowner saw with a bigger piston and jug.

I may be wrong

husky model #'s

A reputable saw shop told me that the first digit indicated generation 3rd, 4th, or 5th in some cases. He told me that the last two digits indicated number of cc's. Seems to make sense to me because saws like the 455 & 460 are different design (X-torqx, fuel scavenging, etc) than the 300 series. I've also heard that "XP" such as 346xp,357xp designates the high end pro saws with different porting & more expensive cylinders made by Mahle company. There is some debate as to whether saws like the 353 & 359 are high mid range or professional saws because of features like magnesium crankcase.

Mr. said:
Explain the 480 then.

Fred
That was the last "edition" af the saw families that started in the 1960s. Only the 180 family reached 4xx (generation 4).

Some time around 1976, they started the "Generation count" all over again, I think the first one to re-start at 1xx was the 162se.
After that, the 2xx saws were developments of the 1xx ones, two digit numbers meant homeowner/practica/farmer/ranger saws.

The 3xx were completely new designs, and Swedish made homeowner saws were also included in the 3xx numbered saws. Poulan made ones reused the 1xx.

5xx are the newest generation pro saws, and the 4xx saws of the latest generation has been "ranger" saws so far.

Back