New Therapeutic Saw...wow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty neat. I wonder how durable the saw is? I wonder what it sounds like?!?! Must sound different. I wonder how much power it has?

too bad it works on compressed air, becouse they yet havent got quasiturbines to work on anything other than steam/air... so.. a long way till we get "vibration free" chainsaws...

Too bad for us, but if it works as advertized, it would be good for stationary cutting purposes. I'm thinking of sawmills and log processors - places where large air compressors would be practical.

Interesting concept - well worth watching.

I think the funky looking black ones are air powered, but I think the blue on is gas. It says "low emissions" and has a pull start.

hamradio said:
Pretty neat. I wonder how durable the saw is? I wonder what it sounds like?!?! Must sound different. I wonder how much power it has?

It better run a lot better than when this vapor ware was first promoted a few years ago. I saw a film clip of one cutting a small stick then. Could have cut it faster by pulling the saw back and forth.

Harry K

i do believe the air compressor powered saw was created for underwater log cutting, i seem to recall reading on a company that specialized in underwater cutting and timber salvage.

I'll bet the cfm that it would take to do anywork is not feasible for most people.

For example I can do air sanding with air and my 24 amp at 240 volt compressor runs pretty much half the time. Or I can to the same job (althought not as smooth or long lasting) with an electric which pulls at most 3 amps (110v)

So air is neat, but very inefficient in terms of energy.

Wouldn't be a problem for me with the Ingersoll Rand 185cfm diesel compressor. :D

hamradio said:
Wouldn't be a problem for me with the Ingersoll Rand 185cfm diesel compressor. :D

185 cfm, now that is a serious compressor. What would you use something like that for? For most of us, we think 50 cfm is pretty big.

Most people use them for jackhammers, sandblasting, etc. Use it for blowing all the water out of sprinkler systems in fall, so it doesn't freeze and break stuff. 4 cyl. John Deere diesel in it.

Latest posts

Back