STIHL? Forestry Helmet System

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokinDodge

Powered by Cummins
Reaction score
STIHL® Forestry Helmet System

OK, my entire christmas list is comprised of things I won't bring myself to buy but would really like to have. ( And most is chainsaw related) The stihl helmet was one of the things on my list I got this year and I wanted to use it a bit before I posted about it. ABSOLUTELY THE BEST THING GOING! I haven't used any other systems so I can't compare but the over all premise is a really good idea. It is actually comfortable to wear, I don't get crap in my eyes and the muffs really cut out the muffler mod on the ol 036. With a saw off I can still hear the old lady naggin at 30' so they aren't too quite. :hmm3grin2orange:

I don't go to the woods without anymore and really is a pleasure to wear. Finally a gift I'll use.

proacc_foresthsystem_co.jpg

'Cause the chicks dig it.

Yep, I got one of them. I don't care whether I look foolish in it or not. Mesh keeps the crud out of my eyes, and stops the limby face slap from the chuck and duck. The muffs allow me to keep my hearing (particularly useful around the chipper) and has kept limbs from crashing into the side of my head on more than one occasion. The helmet? Well, it has protected the 'ol pumpkin as well.

Last edited:
Congrats on the helmet. Just be careful of those plastic caps that hold wire hinge to the helmet they snap REAL easy. I haven't found any replacement parts, so I drove a screw through it to hold it together. Once you get used to a helmet you won't go without it! I have heard they are discontinuing that model because of that.

ya... need to get one of these.

is the stilh model the best one to get?

snoose

I use one too and I swear within the first 1/2 hour after I put it on I ALWAYS try to spit chew through it. Every friggin' time!!!

good unit, but I think it needs a gutter at the bottom of the screen!

Don't put it off 046, I think it was right at $41 after tax at my dealer. She really shouldn't leave receipts laying around................................

Ditto for me on the stihl helmet for Christmas! I pasted a little picture into my xmas email list, and told folks right where the saw shop is. :greenchainsaw:

I use one too and I swear within the first 1/2 hour after I put it on I ALWAYS try to spit chew through it. Every friggin' time!!!

Yep -spitting sucks, even without chew!

Takes a brave man to own up to that! I bet I loaded up my screen with Cope within 30 seconds of having it on my head.

Wife loves hers

Got the wife one for Christmas with her saw. She loves the ear muff and I don't think she will ever experience the fun of digging wood chips out of her eyes. I can't use it because shes always cutting when I am and shes selfish. Comfortable to wear tho.

Just got mine last week, just in time to cut that hairy a$z willow tree down, very helpful in that spaghetti. $32 at my Stihl dealer. $10 cheaper than the Husky at Lowes.

I wear plugs with all the muff styles though.

I don't go to the woods without anymore and really is a pleasure to wear. Finally a gift I'll use.

'Cause the chicks dig it.

Got one too! Had mine for about 4 years, probably different mod number, but I will not leave home without it! Most people around here I've seen never use them, so whose the goofy bass turd me or them...
At least I can say...not only do they protect me, they make the BUD much more enjoyable after 5-6 hours of cutting. What is so funny...there are to many "macho men" to NOT wear them! I personally think you are a fool not to use! Just IMO.
Jay

Last edited:
I've had the Husky version which is really a Peltor with the Husky name on the front for about 10 years now.I wouldn't think of cutting wood without it.I don't chew,so I'm spared the inconvenience of the screen blocking the spit stream.....:hmm3grin2orange:

I've had the Husky version which is really a Peltor with the Husky name on the front for about 10 years now.I wouldn't think of cutting wood without it.I don't chew,so I'm spared the inconvenience of the screen blocking the spit stream.....:hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah, but how many times have you tried to take a drink with the screen down?

was at stihl dealer a few days ago trying to buy one. but they were out... bummer, should get in next week.

Don't put it off 046, I think it was right at $41 after tax at my dealer. She really shouldn't leave receipts laying around................................

spit

Got the wife one for Christmas with her saw. She loves the ear muff and I don't think she will ever experience the fun of digging wood chips out of her eyes. I can't use it because shes always cutting when I am and shes selfish. Comfortable to wear tho.

Does she git the chew spit stuck on hers too??:hmm3grin2orange:

Back