Latest pics of the monster splitter.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
OK, been working on this all week, made some headway. I need to make a lever for the control valve, plumb it, get a gas tank and small details, but have the worst (I hope) behind me! The cage for tha pump to motor was the worst to make, took some figuring and a lot of paitence!!

edit:pics are HUGE!!!! Sorry!

Lookin good Andy! You'll have the rust knocked off the ways in no time. How long is it gonna take for your helper to flip this one? :jester:

It's not short on the heavy duty, that's alot of steel. I hope you're not going to tow it with the trike? :fart:

Lookin' good. Keep the updates updated! :rockn:

Thats just mean!!!! This should never have to leave the wood lot!

Just teaseing ya a little Andy. I'm glad to see ya got going on this, nice splitter. I can hear the Hedge screaming all the way over here in Missouri.

Were you able to stay with the 27 horse Kow engine?

Just teaseing ya a little Andy. I'm glad to see ya got going on this, nice splitter. I can hear the Hedge screaming all the way over here in Missouri.

Were you able to stay with the 27 horse Kow engine?

Yup, the Kawi is sitting there bolted to the pump, just got off the phone, going to have a guy come look at plumbing it this weekend!:yoyo:

looks nice should be able to split alot of wood in no time with it. i like the 4 way wedge set up. i got the 4 way slip on wedge for mine. good luck with it.

Yup, the Kawi is sitting there bolted to the pump, just got off the phone, going to have a guy come look at plumbing it this weekend!:yoyo:

Nice, what size a pump was it? You should be able to just let the engine idle all day if it's all ready broke in, won't be any sweat for it. Now all you have left to do is fab up a conveyor and hyd saw and you'll be in bidness. :monkey:

You need to make a straight pipe for that Kow and aim it right towards your neighbors house for the first three cords. :hmm3grin2orange:

Nice, what size a pump was it? You should be able to just let the engine idle all day if it's all ready broke in, won't be any sweat for it. Now all you have left to do is fab up a conveyor and hyd saw and you'll be in bidness. :monkey:

You need to make a straight pipe for that Kow and aim it right towards your neighbors house for the first three cords. :hmm3grin2orange:

And this is how I use my 600th post, Andy you should feel proud. :greenchainsaw:

:hmm3grin2orange:
i built one many yrs ago (i should post a picture) 16hp Briggs v twin its been fine other that the seals in the cylinder are bad. (if i replace them it will bend 1.5 inch thick steel foot)

that is heavy & the grating may be dangerous to fingers :laugh:

the actual cutter looks to be the weakness in that setup, my opinion.

Back