365 vs 365 Special The difference ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

symour

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi All.
I'm new here and this is my first post.
Would like to say thanks to all here at Arborist .
I've browsed over this site for about a month and I really appreciated all the knowledge that is shared and all the links that are provided. From a country farm boy perspective, I've gained allot. Thanks to All!

My question is "what's the difference between a 365 and a 365 Special?
I noticed the rental shop has a 365 special and was wondering if the special model was more adapt to every day use and abuse for the non professional.

Thanks
Symour

The 365 uses a Zama carb, while the 365 Special sports a Walbro. This is the only difference I can see in the two saws. I am building a 365 Special for Dan Kluge (ClearH20Scott's father) as we speak. Should be making some cuts with it today.

Looking at the IPLs for the 365 and the two variations of the 365 Special, I found some possibly interesting stuff. The 365 and the first incarnation of 365 Special use the same crank and carb, but the cylinder is different. The 2nd rev 365 Special may or may not use the same carb as the others, it uses the same cylinder as the earlier 365S, and it has a different crank assembly. It also has two types of air filter available, tall stack type or a pancake. Does this help? LOL. I guess what we need is someone who has been inside all three variations to fill in the blanks. Russ

I only have one ipl for the 365 special...and the only differences between my two are the carbs....I would like to see that other IPL Russ...this 365S that I am building looks no different than the 2165 I built a couple months ago...same cyl/pist. etc...

Dennis, Dan Kluge? who the he!! is Dan Kluge? I grew up with an
overbearing ogre named Douglas Kluge, but I let him slide because he's an engineer. I spent a good portion of my childhood
trying to sort out thermodynamics of fluid flow because of this
man I call Dad. Try to tell someone who has spec'd plating for
NASA that you might actually know something about 2 stroke
engines.....your word doesn't go far. Just having fun, glad
you're building our saws. 2171G still making people happy and
unhappy. I have yet to lose a race. I make sure to mind the
competition. If you head East to PA., pick me up along the way.

D@mn Scott..sorry about that...my bad...was typing under the influence ?? My apologies to Doug as well....I have been doing alot of work for a guy named Dan...guess that was why that name was in my head....

on another note...timed cuts should be tomorrow...both saws got 1 tank through them today for break-in...

Dennis & Jokers

Thanks for your replies. I Appreciate you all taking the time.
I caint seem to make up my mind what saw to buy.
I'm leaning towards a 357 or 365 or maybe something a little lighter.
Thanks again.
and by the way Dennis, How did the test run do on the 365 u were working on
Symour

Back