Stihl BR600 Backpack blower

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowtechmadman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Need some help fella's. Found a BR600 backpack blower at the Pawn shop...starts right up seems to work as it should, cosmetically looks pretty good as well. They have a $300 price tag on it.
Any specifics I should watch out for? I believe they go close to 500 new, what is a fair price for a used one? I'm assuming it was used professionaly, can't believe to many homeowners have this one.
I just want to use it for blowing leaves around in the spring and fall, cleaning out the garage and barn etc...

I've had to take in 3 of mine for recall work, something with the valves that was done for free when they started running rough? If it has a problem like that it should be covered? Maybe? Otherwise very good blower, strong and quiet. I would offer them less though, I paid about $430 for my last one.

I've got one, I use it for my around my parents house and for their leaves.
(huge yard, lots of 100' oaks and big beeches.)

It is a good strong blower that flips bricks, blows dead squirrels around and generally punishes all the landscaping.

I paid around $500.00 new $300.00 is kinda rich, I would think, but if it is running well. ??? it is the biggest one they make.

no problems except it sometimes runs rough when below half a tank. I replaced the fuel filter, which helped, but it still runs semi-rough when low on gas. before it should obviously.

Todd, sound familiar?

Last edited:
If its starts right up and looks clean it sounds pretty good. I have not had a problem with my 450. I can only imagine the 600 is a monster.

I dropped a bolt down the coil which messed it up, it was fixed under warranty by Penn Holo. I didn't even buy it there.:clap: Like I said no problems... yet

Last edited:
I've got one, I use it for my around my parents house and for their leaves.
(huge yard, lots of 100' oaks and big beeches.)

It is a good strong blower that flips bricks, blows dead squirrels around and generally punishes all the landscaping.

I paid around $500.00 new $300.00 is kinda rich, I would think, but if it is running well. ??? it is the biggest one they make.

no problems except it sometimes runs rough when below half a tank. I replaced the fuel filter, which helped, but it still runs semi-rough when low on gas. before it should obviously.

Todd, sound familiar?

I use mine to clear dog crap, even the runny stuff. I also like to blow out the shrubbery real hard. blows out the scrag inside and cleans them up.

I have one, I sell lots of them. Great powerful blower. As treeslayer said, $300.00 sounds a little high but if in great shape it would be worth it.

Probably will jinx it but

Bought mine at least 5 years ago, only work performed other than the routine maintenance of course, is the infamous Stihl gas cap going south. Probably one of the most reliable pieces of power equipment I've ever owned. During peak leaf season I run about 2 to 2-1/2 gallons of mix through it on a weekend.

Very good power, very comfortable to wear / carry for extended periods of time.

Also a great snow removal tool on the light fluffy stuff.

Take Care

I use mine to clear dog crap, even the runny stuff. I also like to blow out the shrubbery real hard. blows out the scrag inside and cleans them up.

I blew out a big, slam-full yard with 2 buddies the other day.
3`big stihl blowers in 3 hours. and..................................

I blew off a deck COVERED in dog poo.

My buddies were in the yard behind the deck.

downwind. and they found all of it by foot.

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Todd, sound familiar?

Yup, very familiar, it's just one of those traits they haven't figured out how to fix I guess. That's not what was happening to mine before it went south. Mine still does that after the fix. Keep it full and it's fine:greenchainsaw:

Yup, very familiar, it's just one of those traits they haven't figured out how to fix I guess. That's not what was happening to mine before it went south. Mine still does that after the fix. Keep it full and it's fine:greenchainsaw:

Yup, I start leaning to the left once it is around a 1/3 tank. A fuel line with 2 pickups would be sweet.

Thanks for the help guys. I've been able to barter w/ them in the past. Think I'll see if they will take 2 bills. Then play the waiting game if they are not interested. In the past the longer they have something the better the deals get.

Back