What can a little 026 do to your leg?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
####... that looks nasty!

chaps are coming out for those little jobs with 026

Was it to the bone?? Done this sort of thing to my knee, from kickback, was wearing Husky trousers but still cut into the joint! Hope he's better soon.

Its good to see things like this, really does remind you that saws are lethal and we should never forget it!!

Ouch is right, I do wear my chaps 100% of the time....ok maybe 60%? But after looking at that...I resolve to wear them more!

Wow, that's a nasty cut. Hope it heals OK. I got a little sloppy yesterday and clipped the toe of my boot, but just a small noodle came off it. Scared the crap out of me tho.

That looks like it removed a lot of material... The worst part of those injuries, is they have to heal from the inside out.

I knew a guy that put a chainsaw across his face... Looked like something from a Horror movie... He was triming a beam with an 026(?) on an 8' step ladder. He was cutting above his head, and it kicked back onto his face. Luckily, the surgeons put him back together rather well.

Be safe!

Severed the muscles on the front side of the leg that let you lift your foot, and took a chunk out of the bone. The surgeon thinks he got everything back together well enough that he'll have use of the muscles, but not sure yet. The saw took out a lot of material.......

That looks terrible,hope he gets back to work soon,and with no long term effects. I just got my new chaps from baileys,ive been cutting over 20 yrs,never used them,until i came here.I will use them from now on.

ouch sorry thats realy bad

another very graphic reason to wear chaps

Ever since taking a chainsaw safety course 10 years ago, I have made sure to wear chaps chainsawing (too afraid not to wear them). Neighbours have scoffed and laughed, but at least my legs are intact.

I hope you don't suffer any permanent damage that might prevent you from working.

Not me, a buddy of mine. Surgeon thinks everything should be ok in the long run last I heard. He just happens to be laid off from an auto parts plant at the moment, didn't expect to go back to work until july anyway...

What exactly was he wearing when this happened?

Probably Jeans. I know he wears eye and ear protection, and workboots. Got am email from him this week wanting to know where to get a good buy on some pants......... Guy is a factory worker for a day job, safety oriented as a rule. Spent a lot of time in machine shops and on safety commitiees. Can't say I've ever seen him run a saw though, I don't think he's ever had saw training. He's had a lot of hours running saws though.....

Last edited:
Chainsaw's are extremely dangerous should be always used with great respect and disipline. I have to remind myself of this day to day because when you put your guard down or become cocky this is where accidents will happen. Hope he makes a full recovery. Maybe he should stick to the factory work and let the professionals do theirs.

oh sheeeeeeeeeeeeet

that is terrible. i seeeeeeeen it and spit my beer. hope he will be able to walk again. sorry people are not wearin chaps:dizzy:

:cheers:

ive seen the exact same happen but with a husky 246, mine actually. it happend last year on a job from tripping over brush in a lot clearing job. sent the guy to the hospital. he was walking and back to work a month and a half later. nasty scar. just take an extra 2 minutes to put your chaps on and prevent that from happening.

Back