015 Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just picked up a nice 015 almost as clean as the 030 AV. I've got a couple questions about it.

1. Is there a spring for the throttle interlock? I'm putting mine back together and don't have a spring. It's not clear in the IPL either.
  2. This is a top handle version yet there's no L on the name tag. What's the deal with the model naming? 015, 015 AV, 015 L......

Almost positive there is a spring. I can check later today. The 015 was offered in two basic configs. Top handle and rear handle. Top handle was 015, 015L, 015R, maybe more. The rear handle was the 015AV. It was around a long time and many were sold. If I remember correctly this was one of the first saws that Stihl began building in VA Beach. - For clarification, there were built in both places.

I don't honestly remember. The 015R was a promo model that was less expensive. I don't remember what they did to make it less expensive. As you are aware it is a very basic saw. I believe the R was all orange.

Unfortunately, I forgot that I am no longer the owner of an 015, so I can't tell you for sure if there is a spring.

I've noticed a couple of these on eBay that are all white. Looks wierd to see an all white Stihl saw.

Someone help me out with a pic of this springy thingy. I just noticed that in the pics in the eBay add that I bought it from that the interlock isn't sticking up either. It was likely missing when I got it. Take a look at the IPL though. There's no PN for a spring for it that I see.

I'm not sure quite to what you're referring to, but I owned a few 015's, top handles, and not one of them had the top part of the trigger mechanism... only the trigger. I see the slot on top where something was to go, but never have seen or had a saw where there was something actually installed there. I've seen many pictures too as I surf the 015's at the Bay, but not really that interested in buying any.(look for ol' times sake)

StihlRockin'

Back