• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 017 or MS170 project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallfarmboy

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've got a local guy looking for a little saw for his son to learn on. He wants a MS170 saw for him to learn on. I swear they sell for more on local CL than new. I've seen them listed for $200-$250 if you can imagine.
Anyway, does anyone have a small saw I could purchase? The cheaper, the better. I really don't like the saws, but that's what he's looking for.
Thanks!

Too bade he was stuck on the 017. I had a 025 that would have been perfect. I am sure in 10 days I will have more

I have one I listed in the Trading Post a while back. It is a runner but it has had a repair on the front handlebar. PM me for details.

I have one that belongs to a buddy. It has spark and will fire but doesn't continue running. I haven't tried cleaning it up yet. My buddy probably wouldn't want much. PM me if you are interested and I will send photos and ask my buddy if he'd let it go.

Any of you guys have parts for these saws the 170 180 I apologize if I'm out of line in this thread

Any of you guys have parts for these saws the 170 180 I apologize if I'm out of line in this thread

Which parts and for what model, the 017-170 has 3 different versions of that engine, not all parts are interchangeable.

Big thanks to Gary and Randy... Appreciate the quick responses. Randy is hooking this family up nicely.

I've got an 017 with a good engine but a melted housing. Also have a ms180 with a scarred top end. Pm me if you want photos

Latest posts

Back