023 only runs add full throttle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doozer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey folks,
I dropped a log on my 023 :censored: it appears only the handle and cover were broke. I took it all apart then got parts from ebay to put back together again.

It starts very well but will only continue to run at full throttle. If I back off it starts to stahl out and dies. It will not even run at middle throttle without revving it up.

I replaced the gas tank vent and manifold tube but nothing changed. I pulled the fuel line and pick up out and it doesnt appear to have a crack or hole. I have a new one to replace it but before I put it back together I figured I would ask you guys what might be causing this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Uhm. You know I dont remember if it was connected for sure or not. When I put it back together tomorrow I'll check that out.

Thanks

Last edited:
is your impulse hose connected up under the handle?

That was the problem. I really appreciate your help. It runs excellent. Idles great and has very good power. That was the first time I had a chainsaw apart like that and probably missed that hook up all together.

Even though it cost me $100 in parts to fix it looks as good as new aaaaand... by droping the log on the my honey bought into the idea of me getting a new 361 :clap:

Now I can get rid of the ProMac 610 and just use my 023 and 631.

Thanks again Lakeside53!

Latest posts

Back