026 intake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwalker1911

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
whats the proper method for removing the intake boot from the carburator? im sure its super simple but i cant quite get it and i dont want to screw something up

Remove black rear handle cover and remover the throttle linkage. Gain access to carb and remove it. Take the small ring inside the intake boot out and the outer ring off. Remove wrap handle. Remove top cover, ground wire, etc. Pull plugs and take the screws out of all AV mounts. Carefully remove handle/tank and push intake boot through as you do so. Loosen clamp on boot at the cylinder and gently work it off. To install boot, bolt it on and wrap some small string around the flange on the carb end. Put string through the handle/tank hole and as you put the tank/handle in place pull the boot through the hole with the string.

Remove black rear handle cover and remover the throttle linkage. Gain access to carb and remove it. Take the small ring inside the intake boot out and the outer ring off. Remove wrap handle. Remove top cover, ground wire, etc. Pull plugs and take the screws out of all AV mounts. Carefully remove handle/tank and push intake boot through as you do so. Loosen clamp on boot at the cylinder and gently work it off. To install boot, bolt it on and wrap some small string around the flange on the carb end. Put string through the handle/tank hole and as you put the tank/handle in place pull the boot through the hole with the string.

And here i thought it would be easy! thanks for the info

Try the chainsaw forum for more info. It is easy LOL. About 10min. or a little less once you have done a couple saws. On older saws the boots can be stiff and also need close inspection. They are kinda pricey for what they are so take your time. :rock:

the boot is tore on this saw thats why i need to do this and youre right oscar it really wasnt to bad removing the carb

Latest posts

Back