029-MS290-029 super piston size's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc874

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ok Gang here's my (dumb) question for the week. Is the older modeled 029 the same as the MS 029 or, does the MS 029 take a 46mm piston. What size bore is the 029 super?? I know this is several questions but i''ll be quiet for the rest of the week.

Ok Gang here's my (dumb) question for the week. Is the older modeled 029 the same as the MS 029 or, does the MS 029 take a 46mm piston. What size bore is the 029 super?? I know this is several questions but i''ll be quiet for the rest of the week.

I know the older 029 was 45mm and I thought the newer 029 was 46mm. Not sure about the Super or the MS290...

As I remember it, the 029 Super and the MS290 share the same bore, while the original 029 is smaller.

I don't think it makes much difference for boat anquer duty, though .......:givebeer:

piston sizes

As I remember it, the 029 Super and the MS290 share the same bore, while the original 029 is smaller.

I don't think it makes much difference for boat anquer duty, though .......:givebeer:

Yep! I agree with you SAWTROLL, i have not seen so many 029's for sale on fleabay. This must be one of them Stihl outscourced designs. I took a look at the airfilter cover and it saids 1/4 turn for the L screw and 1/2 turn for the H screw, could this be a large part of the problem? As for a boat anchor, not anymore, i threw in a 039 engine. lol. Figured i'd rebuilt the original engine as the cylinder cleaned up really easy with sandpaper and light hone.

the ms 290 is 46mm

The piston i have that came out of an MS290 measured 45.70mm. I did order the 46mm for the cylinder that came out of the original saw so its OEM and i'm hoping that it fits. As mentioned i replaced the engine with an MS390 and have also order the name plate for the starter cover. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back