036 Better air filter options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishNFarm

Reaction score
I've been looking for better air filters for my 036 and still be able to run stick cover or an aftermarket cover I've not found any WCS and Red Beard air filters can't run cover and Maxflow doesn't make an option that I saw. Thanks for any help

I wonder if outer wears makes a prefilter that would fit over the stock one, if anyone knows of one please let us know so i can grab one. Fyi right now they are offering free shipping on ever order under 150 bucks.

I wonder if outer wears makes a prefilter that would fit over the stock one, if anyone knows of one please let us know so i can grab one. Fyi right now they are offering free shipping on ever order under 150 bucks.
Couple layers of the wife's used panty hose might help. Make a few disposable covers and secure them with rubber bands.

IMHO if you're doing a lot of cutting if you clog up the filter and would be best off with a clean spare or two you could rotate in the woods. I have two 036 and can do quite a bit of cutting before the filters get dirty. On a positive note, the 036 filters don't let crud in the carb like the new stihl 500i.

Lots of people never really clean out the air boxes and that don't help either.

Back