036 rings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowtie

Gearhead
Reaction score
Does anyone know what I can expect to pay for a set of new rings for an 036 Pro? Im going to rering a friend's 036, and I cant get local pricing until Monday, and they dont order until they meet a certain amount.

If anyone has a new set, Im all for that as well. Thanks.

Factory Stihl somewhere around $22.00 each give or take a few dollars.

I couldn't find the rings on Baileys site but I'm pretty sure they have them, you might get with Grande Dog in the Baileys forum and ask him.

The --->Piston Kit<--- with rings at Baileys is 27.95.

IMO factory rings are the way to go if you can swing it, if not I've used several of the Baileys kits without to much trouble.

Check your PMs

Factory Stihl somewhere around $22.00 each give or take a few dollars.

I couldn't find the rings on Baileys site but I'm pretty sure they have them, you might get with Grande Dog in the Baileys forum and ask him.

The --->Piston Kit<--- with rings at Baileys is 27.95.

IMO factory rings are the way to go if you can swing it, if not I've used several of the Baileys kits without to much trouble.

Check your PMs

The saw owner is pretty adamant about OEM parts. I have to agree. The piston and cylinder look flawless, but compression is 120.

Bowtie,
Heres some from E-bay. When I emailed him to ask if they are Stihl OEM, he said yes. I ended up using the Baileys kit instead.
Hope this helps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STIHL-034-SUPER...1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Fritz

LOL, I emailed him the same thing just a little while ago. Cheapstihlparts is a straight shooter. I have bought several items from him, and lots of members here have as well, he treats a customer right (always has me, anyway).

:cheers:

Back