100M Scale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grande Dog

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy,
Friends with pix are great. These are from Miranda CA. This tree scaled out over 100,000 board feet.
Scan0001.jpg Scan0002.jpg Scan0003.jpg
That first picture is the Tab Hunter at poolside shot. Get after it on that second shot. The third shot shows it on the ground. One thing you don't see in these pix is the amount of prep work going into building the beds for it to land in. There's a lot going on that you don't see. They build the beds with small voids where they're going to buck the log. No chain in the dirt that way. Quite a bit of the butt end had to be quartered up so it could be hauled out. On that photo where they're kicking on the log, I just wanted to show how much of the log was heart (red), and how much was sapwood (white). In that last photo, they were in the pumpkin patch for sure. This patch wasn't far from the 100M tree but, he said that these trees were about 20' below flood stage. He said they really blew through some chain but, it wasn't nothing compared to the payday on these trees.
Regards
Gregg

Outrageous volume. Redwoods blow my mind. I stood in a patch awhile back that had, by my estimate, about 3/4 of a million bf per acre. It takes me months to cruise, plan, lay out, and mark that kind of volume in second-growth DF.

Awesome........just plain.............awesome......... And I get excited over a 44" Red Oak or a 50" Poplar.............. Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back