162se spare parts advice needed!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hirdatron

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've acquired an old 162se that I'd like to rebuild. I've done a pressure/vac test and it's loosing pressure on vacuum, it'll only pump out to 10 of whatever units vac is measured in and it quickly drops to 5, pressure test was ok! (I assume seals are bevelled one way?) All the major parts seem ok, cylinder, piston, crank has no play, oils fine, exhaust is ok, handle, plastics, brake assembly all ok. It has a leaking fuel tank someone has tried unsuccessfully to repair with some sort of rubber solution, so it seems a good contender to strip and rebuild for minimal outlay. I've found some parts lists on husqvarna website dating from '73-'79 but don't know what year mine is? Attached is a pic of the serial number so if someone could shed some light so I can get the correct parts I'd be grateful! Also I realise OEM parts are best but probably not available on a saw this old. Any advice on quality parts (probably bearings and oil seals most important) would be appreciated as would any advice generally as I've not done a full rebuild before! (P.s. I'm UK based!)
IMG_20240102_182444378.jpg

I think yours is from 1978. Good year. I have one from the same year here.

If all you are after is the seals and or the bearings- you do not need to be year specific- they are the same for both sides of the saw and the same as any of the later 61 to 272 saws.
You know that and I know that. But I had this one local husky dealer that took the cake.

I wanted a set of 394 rings. I had part number in my hand.

He goes what year is it. I said dont matter I have part number right here of 394 rings I want.

Well he goes on and on with this big story how he is a certified tech blah blah blah.

I smiled at the dumbness. I said ok the rings are for a dolmar 166. ;) His mouth opened and I walked out went to my other husky dealer and got my fing rings. Never ever went back there. :laughing:

Latest posts

Back