2010 Owb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggenius29

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
2010 EPA regulations on Owb's

I hear all this talk about the EPA regulations on emissions in 2010 and about some OWB (mainly Central Boiler) having a boiler that meets the 2010 emissions ratings.

I am in the market at some point to get a OWB for my next house, but I have to sell the one I am in right now first, and the way the housing market is going I am kind of scared that I will not be out of my currant house in the next year.

My situation, we are going to buy my wifes grandpa's farm when we sell our house. It is in the country and we are going to put in a OWB. Now, would I be smarter to buy a boiler before 2010, even though there is a chance we might not be living in that house at the time? I really like the E-classic, but it is close to $5000 more than a regular boiler. I am considering "rat holeling" a boiler before 2010 because after that I know I am going to be paying way more for one.

Suggestions
Thanks

Last edited:
I'm guessing prices will come down. I'm thinking that like gas steel will come down the next couple months.

Is there an official standard yet for 2010?

I would wait, because in addition to less emissions the new stoves will brun less wood also. Once there is more competition prices will come down also

Back