2100 Nipple Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slabhead

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The fuel intake nylon nipple on the carb cracked from the pinhole to the edge & sprays gas.I have a spare carb w/ an intact fitting on it, but it doesn't come off easily. Any suggestions? Should I just put the old one back on & JB Weld it? I was hoping to mill w/it this weekend at the Texas GTG.

is it safe to pull it off w/ a pair of pliers?would it help to stick it in boiling water 1st? what is the purpose of that tiny hole in the side of part that slides over the metal nipple on the carb?

Last edited:
not sure what you are refering to..have a pictues our ipl number i can compare to...i have a bunch of extra 2100 parts including a carb that works in my tuck..if you still have a problem at the Texas GTG, I'd would be more than glad to help out...

what setup do you use for milling?? chain size bar size sprocket size...is yours ported and all...anything about yours that you don't like or do like....
so glad i wont be the only one there...seriously..i just got mine running this week after a year and a half of fixing one thing, still not working, then another...whole time clutch was cracked.

i have a 24" bar and 7tooth sprocket...pulls like a champ...was wondering what you recomend as a maximum length when cutting wood with full chisel chain????

Deaton: sorry, I don't have many answers,as I bought the saw from sawking on ebay & all I know about it is it has the thin ring piston & 175#s compression w/ no release valve. It almost pulled my arm out the 1st time I started it, because of a half vast effort. It came w/ a 32" bar, full chisel,3/8x.063 full skip chain. Burying it lengthwise in an 18" walnut log didn't slow it down.I ripped that 6' log in ~4 minutes.I have 36" & 42" bars for it, but have to change the sprocket tips to .404 to use the milling chain I bought. I have to change out the drive sprocket also. I bought an Alaskan Mill that I hope to use at the GTG. Hope to get it all done Fri when I'm off work.Maybe after Sat. we'll both know alot more about our 2100s.

Maybe after Sat. we'll both know alot more about our 2100s.
haha..lets hope so..

tell you what..ill bring all the extra parts i have to the GTG and if you see something you like you can have it..i no longer have a use for it..i also have a very hard to find spacer for the starter cover if someone wants it....

Back