266xp small q for someone with a parts lists,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprig

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Snapped my trigger lever while trying to salvage a maple burl that washed up in our bay the other day (huge but mostly punky, I free-handed the cuts, ick). Oh let the fun begin! Having absolutely no idea what the heck I was doing I figured it was only right to tear into it and find out how it works and what I'd need to fix it. Let me start off to say- WHAT A PITA! After figurin' out how to separate tank from body and scratching my head a bit to take out the broken piece (the pin is hidden behind the two top AV mounts, gah!), I found that 3 of the lower AV mounts were toast and started googling. Of course Craig's (Mr. Bailey)on-line site was my longest stop and though he had several complete tanks with triggers and AV mounts, between the shipping and over-all prices, it seemed just cheaper for me to go local (sry Craig). The AV mounts were easy, about 8$ apiece and available locally, common to several JR and Husky models. The lever was a whole 'nother story; after an hour of not knowing what it was called I finally ended up on malaca's site that has free access to part numbers on a huge variety of machinery, saws included. Here is my delema, albiet a small silly one, the part number I got for the lever was 501 51 80-01, but do you think I could find anyone with it? Not last night. My local dealer (actually a marine shop and Stihl dealer) here says he doesn't have that one but has 501 51 8002, and thought it might be a later version of the same part, it sounded close in description, my question is, is it the same? I can't even look at it till Tuesday, and am going blind trying to find the answer elsewhere, but I thought I might save myself a bit of runnin' around if someone knows the answer and if its not I'll hunt elsewhere, gotta get this poor thing up and running pdq. Thanks for anyone's help in advance on this fairly lame question.

:cheers:

Serge

Thankyou gents! Now I don't mind a trip ta town to get it (fyi, town is about 10m away, we avoid trips that are un-necessary). Curiousism, the old lever wz grey.

Tyvm.

:cheers:

Serge

Serge, let me know if you can't land one. I won't be home for a week and a half, but I think I have one that I'm not using. Yours for nothin'.

Back