288xp air filter questions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsonwg

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Every time I take the air filter off my 288 there is very fine dust in the intake elbow. I replaced the gasket with 2 different materials and that has not stopped it. It is the screen type filter on it now and I was considering switching the the more fiber type. Am I on the right path here or is there a better filter option out there? I would really prefer not to cut the top. Also if I do go the other OEM style filter are the after market ones good or should I just pony up for a factory one? So far I have not put any after market parts on the saw and generally try not buy Chinese out of sheer, stubborn principle but on some small things as long as they are not real junky I guess I may sell out.

Every time I take the air filter off my 288 there is very fine dust in the intake elbow. I replaced the gasket with 2 different materials and that has not stopped it. It is the screen type filter on it now and I was considering switching the the more fiber type. Am I on the right path here or is there a better filter option out there? I would really prefer not to cut the top. Also if I do go the other OEM style filter are the after market ones good or should I just pony up for a factory one? So far I have not put any after market parts on the saw and generally try not buy Chinese out of sheer, stubborn principle but on some small things as long as they are not real junky I guess I may sell out.
I'd get an oem flocked filter if you go with stock filters, the mesh one is supposed to only be for sub-zero temps.

Latest posts

Back