357 XP vs. 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwing2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was just wondering what is the difference between a 357 xp and a 359. I did a search and came up empty. I have a 359 and was thinking about selling it and going to a 357. Is it worth it or can I make my 359 into a 357 or just leave it alone and get a 372!

Have the 359 ported and you will be very happy, I had great gains in doing a woods port on my buddies saw. Start out with a non-epa muffler from Bailey's, muffler mod it and see what you think. But any builder can get good gains from this saw!

Not worth the exchange. The 357 runs a little better stock and the 359 will port out better. They are both very close in performance. Buy the 372.

the weight is a big thing between the 359 and 372! A modded 359 will hold its own with a 372 stock in small stuff! Firewood cutting would be a no brainer, 359 all the way! I own a modded 372 and it rocks but the weight gets heavy sometimes compared to a 60cc saw!

Not worth the exchange. The 357 runs a little better stock and the 359 will port out better. They are both very close in performance. Buy the 372.

What he said. I will have to add that it depends on what size wood you cut. If you cut quite a bit of wood around 20" or bigger go with the 372. I have a 359. I kept it as a backup saw and bought a 372. I don't have any regrets. I've already got wood that I wouldn't have touched with the 359.

Buy an Olympyk 962! It will Whoop them both and costs less, too! Hey, that rhymes!

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back