372xp tank vent question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex.machinist

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello. I started doing some maintenance on a used saw I bought not long ago but I hit a wall. Im not sure what to do. the saw is a 2003

I wanted to replace the tank vent filter, so I went to the dealer and he sold me a little white filter. I pulled the tank off the saw and noticed that inside the black plastic tank vent tube there is a smaller white filter pressed in there and there was no larger white filter on top of the plastic tube. Im wondering because when I look at part diagrams im only seeing the larger white filter and the plastic tube. does the smaller filter comes pre installed in the plastic tube so thats why im not seeing it in the diagrams.

I would like to know if I need to buy the black plastic tube to have the smaller white filter in there and then do I need the larger white filter top of it .

Im a bit confused haha feel free to ask any questions id love to get this figured out.

Thanks

I believe the small white filter goes into the black tube. Black tube into the fuel tank. The large white filter is a cover/filter plug that keeps out large debris after the black tube is pushed into tank. I have some Husky 350 saws with kinda the same setup. Small in first, then large to cover it all up.

The black vent tube kit should have came with the small filter. Then ya gotta but the filter/plug separate.

https://www.partstree.com/models/372-husqvarna-chainsaw-2003-10/fuel-tank-rear-handle-9/

I believe the small white filter goes into the black tube. Black tube into the fuel tank. The large white filter is a cover/filter plug that keeps out large debris after the black tube is pushed into tank. I have some Husky 350 saws with kinda the same setup. Small in first, then large to cover it all up.

The black vent tube kit should have came with the small filter. Then ya gotta but the filter/plug separate.

https://www.partstree.com/models/372-husqvarna-chainsaw-2003-10/fuel-tank-rear-handle-9/
Thanks for your help. I just figured out that when you buy the tube it comes with the tiny filter. thats why I could not see it in the diagram. Now I know the store gave me the right filter to put on top that was missing on my saw. I just need to buy a new tube.

Latest posts

Back