385xp pushing fuel out of vent help!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
strtspdlx

strtspdlx

ArboristSite Guru
i bought a 385 off ebay last winter (first mistake). ran the saw no problems for about an hour maybe two then i noticed it leaned out alot and within 2-3 minutes it wiped out the piston. It was claimed to be new. i never had a probelm with fuel leaking within that time frame. so i rebuilt the saw (second mistake) on my own as the seller wanted nothing to do with his blown up product. after wards i ran in the new rings tuned it and all was well for about a week. then i noticed a giant puddle of fuel in the bow i store the saw in. upon further investigation i found it was coming from the tank vent which i replaced. noting that the press fit was no longer press fit i stuck an o-ring on the vent and slid it in. to my suprise it severely slowed the leak. i dunked the tank in water and lightly pressurized it. how many psi i have no clue and sadly the leak is coming from the white thing in the middle. Can someone remind me of the name of that part please. i did notice if i leave the cap unsealed it will not leak as bad howver it pours from the cap. and i hve the fuel line blocked so as to not lose fuel from it. if i uncap the fuel line with the fuel cap off i get a very light drizzle of fuel. within a second of installing the cap i have a nice steady stream thats about the volume of the lines capacity. im at a lose in what to do or how to further diagnose. i dont understand how the vent wont relieve pressure but will relieve plenty of fuel. all this is with the tank removed from saw and it does it with enough gas to cover the filter all the way to a full tank. id really prefer to not have to buy a new tank but at this point i need my saw back before winter. thanks a bunch and sorry for the long explanation

strtspdlx

strtspdlx

ArboristSite Guru
I tried new bent with no
Luck. It's seems to of slowed down now that it's cooler. But it's still leaking fuel from the vent. I tried an oring on the vent insert itself and it still leaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts