4 foot splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hutch3912

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever built a four foot splitter, preferably vertical and have pictures or plans?
Looking at building one.

Easier to run through a cord wood saw off the pto for the house and to be able to leave it 33" for my outside boiler.

Anyone ever built a four foot splitter, preferably vertical and have pictures or plans?
Looking at building one.
This one can be used which ever way you want. No need for lifting by hand.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just 42" by 6"

If that 4-foot splitter ever kicks back, the operator will wish that his mother never met his father.

I wonder if you could rig one of those for a bucket on a tractor? Would be awesome if the 4' stuff was stacked pick it split it and drop it in a new stack.

I know a guy that has a splitter mounted on a mini excavator. Not a 4 footer, but he can pick, move the log over another pile, and split with the 4way wedge. Sounds like what you're describing.

4'? Piker! I saw an 8 or 10' one in Troy Idaho. Of course that was in a mill producing cedar post and rail fencing. Quite an operation. Logs fed in one end and finished product came out the other. Operator never touched it except to rotate stuff for splitting.

Harry K

Easier to run through a cord wood saw off the pto for the house and to be able to leave it 33" for my outside boiler.

I see what your getting at but it seems like alot more wood handling, your still cutting and picking it up twice. Vertical splitting of a 4ft log sounds a touch scary also!

Latest posts

Back