441C-M problems: erratic low power, dies after idling, etc.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There's an outside chance I'm wrong about the cost of the part. The IPL only shows part# 1138 430 1001, which is the "trigger unit". The M-Tronic service documents, however, have a photograph of the 441 carb with two arrows pointing to the same general area. One arrow is labeled "Trigger Unit," while the other says "Solenoid Valve (normally open; replaceable)." That photograph of the whole carb is too dark to discern where one part ends and another begins. Maybe the solenoid is hidden under the trigger unit? That would make sense, I guess.

The tech document indicates that the solenoid used on both Walbro and Zama carbs is part# 0000 120 5110, but that part number isn't anywhere in the 441 IPL that I have.

I'm going to have to tear it apart again and remove the trigger unit to know for sure what's going on here.

Yes, the solenoid valve is under the trigger unit on MS 441 C-M models. Remove the 2 M4x12 screws from the trigger unit and you can see the solenoid valve when trigger unit is removed. For removing the solenoid valve itself, you need a special screwdriver (T10) part number 5910 890 2313.

Can someone give me the part number for the solenoid? My IPL only shows the trigger unit and plug.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back