562xp Vibration Limiter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rangi

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi from New Zealand. Sorry for getting straight to the "Can you help me..." after newly registering but I'm lost.
Recently noticed the "hard foam" vibration limiter situated on the saw chassis just above the chain catcher had deteriorated to about 1/3 of its size.
The local Husqvarna dealers here in Marlborough say they have never had to replace one on a 562xp and had to order one in from Australia( yeah I know who would have thought the aussies had anything other than warm beer).
My question is has anyone had to replace a vibration limiter on a 562xp?
regards
Ross

Hi Sean...thanks for your reply. My 562 hasn't been worked too hard and has only been used for general farm duty.
The deflection limiter "foam" has basically gone leaving only a 1/4 inch ring remaining on the stud.
I was trying to work out why. It almost looks to me as though it has deteriorated by chemical contact....possibly petrol.
Ross

Hi Sean...thanks for your reply. My 562 hasn't been worked too hard and has only been used for general farm duty.
The deflection limiter "foam" has basically gone leaving only a 1/4 inch ring remaining on the stud.
I was trying to work out why. It almost looks to me as though it has deteriorated by chemical contact....possibly petrol.
Ross

Pictures?

I have attached a photo of what remains of the deflection limiter. I was surprised that I could not find any references to users having to replace the item given the condition of mine.

1000000070.jpg

Latest posts

Back